Work Where it Matters
RiverTech, an Akima company, is not just another federal professional solutions contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At RiverTech, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, RiverTech provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, RiverTech provides innovative solutions to complex engineering and operational challenges and delivers wide-ranging services for mission support, systems engineering, and IT.
As a RiverTech employee, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
RiverTech is looking for a HVAC mechanic to work at Tinker AFB, OK. To join our team of outstanding professionals, apply today!
- The Incumbent performs repair, overhaul, maintenance, and serv1c1ng of commercial, industrial, and residential heating, ventilating, and refrigeration air conditioning systems (HVACR).
- Skilled and certified in the repair of HVACR equipment and in the usage of moisture, temperature, pressure and flow measurement equipment for air and fluids.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of unique situations and problems encountered and identify and reports safety, environmental and other work requirements for resolution.
- Checks utility systems such as water and steam piping system for leaks or other problems such as waterlogged steam traps. Lubricate, grease oil & perform filter changes plus labeling of all lubrication points.
- Performs periodic inspections on HVAC systems; troubleshoots and locates malfunctions, diagnoses problems, and performs appropriate repairs.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces thermostats, pressure stats, relays, switches, and air conditioning systems electrical wiring.
- Repairs or replaces refrigeration compressors and components, electric motors, fans, belts, and pulleys and HVAC control air compressor
- Services and repairs evaporators, condensers, and receivers. Repacks valves, lubricates moving parts, replaces filters, and cleans coils.
- Repairs components within a system to include transformers, motors, electrodes, solenoids, rheostats, and aquastats.
- Utilizes and interprets technical manuals, shop directives, blueprints, sketches, diagrams, and specifications, verbal and written instructions.
- Responsible for completing daily work order log documenting inspections, maintenance and repair information, to include work performed, materials used and hours worked on each assigned work order.
- Responds to after normal working hours call-outs, as needed.
- Interfaces with customers and responsible for customer feedback, as applicable.
- Operates motor vehicles in accordance with company vehicle policies.
- Complies with applicable federal, state, United States Air Force (USAF) and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) environmental laws and regulations.
- Complies with health and safety rules and procedures; performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
- Incumbent will at all times wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Valid state driver's license, acceptable driving record, and proof of valid insurance.
- Minimum Three (3) years' experience in heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration repair, Including preventative maintenance operations.
- EPA Universal Certification 608 Certification
- Oklahoma Mechanical Journeyman Unlimited License with Heating and Air Condition
- Maintain all necessary licenses/IDs/certifications.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology and applicable facility/infrastructure codes and standards.
- Familiarity with facility/Infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional & courteous manner in diverse situations.
- Proficiency and knowledge of a variety of hand and power tools.
- Demonstrated working ability read, write, speak and understand English.
- 2 years verifiable experience working with infrared technology, ultrasound, or equivalent certification. (For PdM department only.)
- Five (5) years' experience
- in commercial/industrial heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration repair, including preventative maintenance operations.
- Understanding of automatic control monitoring systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing chillers and bollers Basic.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Military experience.
- Previous experience working on a military installation.
- Experience working on Tinker facilities.
- Familiarity with military-specific facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.
- This position may currently and/or in the future be required to obtain and retain a favorable National Agency Check (NAC) and/or Personal Clearance (PCL) as required by law or contract Position requires pre-employment physical and drug screening and background check.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Maintenance & Repair
Organization: RiverTech, LLC
Clearance: Able to Obtain Public Trust
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: RIV02985