Lead HVAC Mechanic - Able to Obtain - TS/SCI clearance - $3,000.00 - Sign On Bonus
Work Where it Matters
Akima Intra-Data (AID), an Akima company, is not just another federal logistics services provider. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AID, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AID provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AID delivers flexible, full-spectrum facilities, maintenance, and repair and logistics services that enable our customers to reduce operating costs, improve productivity, and enhance the value of their existing assets.
As an AID employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima Intra-Data is currently seeking a Lead HVAC Mechanic to support the Project Eero in St Louis, MO
- Assists the Facility Operations Manager in the execution of HVAC tasks related to the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of all facilities and other real property, utility plants and systems, and grounds at the End User’s campus site.
- The HVAC Mechanic Lead is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing HVAC system component malfunctions. The HVAC Mechanic Leads will review predictive and preventive maintenance plans and provide on-site repairs on all HVAC system components and supervise other HVAC Mechanics.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs a variety of complex industrial equipment and systems involving power steam, high, medium and low pressure and temperature boilers with
- complicated components, critical requirements, and rigid tolerances, using specialized test equipment.
- Supervise and repair, troubleshoot, and maintains single-and-multiple fuel power boilers and associated auxiliary and pollution control equipment such as, industrial water treatment systems, chemical dispensers, electrostatic precipitators, bag houses and ash removal equipment, and wet particulate scrubbers.
- Supervise and install, recognize the cause of faulty equipment and makes repairs on large systems that provide for a variety of air conditioning functions such as heating, cooling, humidifying, dehumidifying, cleaning, filtering, and circulating. Systems are used to support structures such as, large office buildings and complexes including those with areas that have special requirements such as communication centers, electronic data processing centers, clean rooms, link training rooms, and other areas with sensitive equipment.
- Review engineering blueprints install air conditioning direct expansion and chilled-water systems, test systems for proper functioning, reviews and adjusts system controls, perform emergency repairs, maintain tools, order supplies, and making routine adjustments to maximize operational efficiency.
- Analyze data when inspecting systems, for temperature, fuel consumption, hours of operation, etc. Perform minor repair of components.
- Recover and properly dispose of refrigerants (Ozone Depleting Substance) when servicing air conditioning equipment.
- This role may require that company vehicles are driven.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have completed technical training or an associates degree in a technical / engineering-related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with facilities, maintenance, repair, and operations, to include a minimum of 2 years’ experience directly managing/supervising within an Operations Function.
- Possess a valid Environmental Protection Agency Universal Certification for working with all types of refrigerants at high and low pressures.
- Possess a valid state driver’s license and a good driving record
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Three-year similar verifiable experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and have working knowledge of hazardous, safety, and environmental warnings.
- General knowledge of all maintenance and construction trades.
- Must be able to climb ladders, scaffolds, walkways, and lift up to 50 pounds; be able to complete assigned tasks in high or confined spaces.
- Possess or able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with eligibility to access Sensitive Compartmented Information. (We are able to process a security clearance, but prefer candidates to have a current active Secret clearance, or to have held a clearance in the past.)
- Possess a Top Secret security clearance with eligibility to access Sensitive Compartmented Information.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).
Job: Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AID00591