Work Where it Matters
Akima Infrastructure Services (AIS), an Akima company, is not just another staffing contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AIS, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AIS provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AIS supports vital missions with the most in-demand and specialized skill sets in the world.
As an AIS employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking Engineering, Professional, Technical, and Administrative support personnel as part of our staff augmentation team supporting the Department of Energy at the Y-12 National Security Complex located in Oak Ridge, Tennessee and the Pantex Plant located in Amarillo, Texas.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance Y-12's core mission to ensure a safe, secure, and reliable U.S. nuclear deterrent, which is essential to national security. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction and assignments from Y-12 staff employed directly by the security complex. Pay, benefits, Human Resources, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
- Provide CNS, Mission Engineering with full time HVAC engineering support for facility and production area activities in Cat 2/Nuclear facilities.
- Plan and design facility mechanical systems including facility support systems in the areas of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC).
- Provide design output documentation to support minor facility modifications. The types of design output documents typically developed by an HVAC design engineer within the Mission Engineering organization are flow diagrams, installation drawings, data sheets, equipment specifications, equivalency evaluations, calculations, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of Industrial Ventilation Design and be familiar with national codes and standards applicable to the design of nuclear confinement ventilation systems such as ASME AG-1, ASHRAE DG-1, ACGIH Industrial Ventilation Manual, DOE Nuclear Air Cleaning Handbook, etc.
- Works with other engineering disciplines and other plant organizations to produce timely design output.
- Extensive experience with the design and operation of nuclear confinement ventilation systems including laboratory hoods, gloveboxes, enclosures for DOE nuclear facilities.
- Experience in a NRC or DOE regulated environment is desirable. Requires an understanding of Conduct of Engineering, Conduct of Operations, Conduct of Maintenance for facilities operating within a nuclear regulated environment.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with various clients, production and support organizations, management, and hourly wage employees. Must be willing to work in a production environment.
- BS degree in an Engineering discipline plus 10 or more years of relevant professional experience or a MS degree in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- HVAC engineers require working knowledge of ASHRAE, ASME AG-1, etc.
- Increase in years of direct experience required for advanced level positions
- Pre-employment Drug Screen - External applicants selected for this position are required to successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
- Medical Exam(s) - Job related pre-placement medical examinations may be required for this position.
- This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy. If determined as such, this position would be identified as a Workplace Substance Abuse (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require participation in an ongoing random drug testing program in addition to the pre-employment drug screen.
- Q clearance highly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AIS00491