HVAC Mechanic, FT CBA, ability to obtain a Secret clearance
Akima Support Operations (ASO) provides logistics, facilities maintenance and operations, transportation and support services for mission-critical military installations and civilian agencies around the country. From the homes of U.S. Central Command and U.S. Special Operations Command to the highways of suburban Virginia, ASO experts and professionals work behind the scenes to ensure smooth and continuous operations. Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and challenging roles in work environments committed to safety, diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company’s profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iñupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
Essential Duties & Job Function:
- Performs repair, overhaul, maintenance, and servicing of commercial, industrial, and residential heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems currently being utilized on the base. Ability to service and maintain any larger units that may be installed in the future.
- Keeps supervisor appraised of unique situations and problems encountered.
- Repairs, overhauls, maintain, and services industrial residential heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems currently being utilized on the base. Troubleshoots and locates malfunctions, diagnoses problems, and determines appropriate repairs.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces thermostats, pressure stats, relays, switches, and electrical wiring.
- Repairs or replaces compressors and components, electric motors, fans, belts, and pulleys. Services and repairs evaporators, condensers, and receivers. Repacks valves, lubricates moving parts, replaces filters, and cleans coils.
- Works from blueprints, drawings, models, or verbal and written instructions.
- Repairs components within a system to include transformers, motors, electrodes, solenoids, rheostats, and aqua stats.
- Trace and troubleshoot control system wiring, connections and ensure all covers and panels are properly installed
- Test for refrigerant leaks by means of a halide leak detector, a liquid soap solution, or other approved methods
- Assists other trades and crafts personnel in their daily operations
- Follows established safety procedures and utilize safety protective equipment and clothing pertaining to particular trades or skills
- Ensures proper housekeeping practices are observed
- Performs other tasks as necessary an incidental to the required work as directed.
- Work is performed indoors and outdoors. Outdoors work is subject to temperature extremes and inclement weather conditions.
- Subject to hazards that may cause personal bodily harm, diseases, cuts, bruises, burns, common colds, influenza, dust odors and elevated noise levels
- Tasks may be performed on uneven, inclines, hand and soft-carpeted floors, cement structures and other surfaces.
Job Requirements, Mandatory:
- Ten to Fifteen years’ verifiable experience as an HVAC technician performing maintenance and repair on commercial and industrial HVAC systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- On-Call 24-7 response with the ability to respond to base emergency within 1- hour
- EPA universal certification and technical trade school completion
- Journeyman level rating or certification
- High school diploma
- Valid state driver’s license
- Verbal and written communication skills.
Job Requirements, Preferred:
- Sheet metal fabrication experience
- Boiler maintenance
- Multi chiller plant maintenance and repair experience
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or [Register to View] . Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application _._
Job: Maintenance & Repair
Clearance: Able to Obtain Secret
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ASO02415