QA Specialist, HVAC Systems
Work Where it Matters
Akima Intra-Data (AID), an Akima company, is not just another federal logistics services provider. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AID, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AID provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AID delivers flexible, full-spectrum facilities, maintenance, and repair and logistics services that enable our customers to reduce operating costs, improve productivity, and enhance the value of their existing assets.
As an AID employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
- Oversees the quality condition of HVAC systems to include chillers and controls systems, performs condition assessments
- Assesses work accomplished by shop personnel and reports deficiencies in quality or training to the HVAC Section Supervisor and Operations Manager
- Subject Matter expert on Industrial HVAC systems, Chiller plants and Control systems
- Keeps HVAC Section Supervisor and Operations Manager apprised of unique situations and problems encountered
- Coordinates with Gov representatives to address systemic issues with HVAC systems
- Provides specialized training to shop personnel
- Supports a comprehensive worker safety and health and environmental management program that prevents and reduces injuries, illnesses and losses and complies with Akima safety and environmental programs and guidelines
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Valid state driver's license.
- Formal training and/or certification in the areas of HVAC, Heating, and Controls Systems and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Industrial size HVAC and Chiller systems
- Experience with or training in chilled water-cooling systems.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently or with minimal supervision in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology and applicable facility/infrastructure codes and standards.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional & courteous manner in diverse situations.
- Demonstrated working ability read, write, speak and understand English.
- Has basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must carry an EPA universal refrigerant card, Type I and II.
- Mechanical or electronics degree.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Program & Project Management
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AID00600