Maintenance Manager – Hiring Our Heroes
This posting is intended for the Hiring Our Heroes, Corporate Fellowship Program. Only those US active military members registered with Hiring Our Heroes should apply.
Our Manufacturing Division, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
The Maintenance Manager at our West Point facility is a leadership role and it is a great opportunity to grow your career within Maintenance and Engineering areas supporting Vaccine Operations. The individual in this role must provide direction, coaching, and technical expertise to maintenance personnel. This individual must actively manage his/her team to reliably support customer demand (including employee development, routine coaching sessions, recognition, and performance management). Additionally, the selected individual must become proficient in the use of manufacturing systems and knowledgeable of site procedures in order to resolve process/equipment issues, minimize downtime, and ensure product quality.
Employee Development / People Management:
• Hire, develop, motivate, and manage a team to ensure reliable manufacturing maintenance activities execution
• Assign yearly performance objectives for the team in alignment with department and site goals
• Provide regular feedback and coaching to employees on work performance
• Provide leadership to the team as needed based on the team’s capabilities and maturity
• Ensure on time approval of payroll activities using site approved software like ADP.
Process Execution / Continuous Improvement:
• Provide a leadership presence on the shop floor
• Champion standard work to drive consistent use of best practices across teams
• Regularly help the team troubleshoot issues to minimize downtime and maintain product quality
• Represent Maintenance on project teams as needed
• Strong sponsor for the problem solving efforts and solutions offered by other shifts and teams
• Line clearance LOTO and permit writing for maintenance activities, Safety Management Information Systems (SMIS)
• Actively lead the Tier 1 Process and participate in the Tier 2 as required
• Initiate SOP/PM/Calibration redlines and revisions
• Lead and support daily meetings to facilitate flow of information up/down through the organization
• Hold regular team meetings to cascade information and collect team feedback
• Provide clear consistent communication from shift to shift
• Escalate issues as needed to ensure the right support/awareness is given to issues as they arise
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert during tours to provide area/process overview information to visitors/auditors upon request
Quality & Safety Compliance:
• Foster strong safety culture on the team through actions, coaching, and prioritization
• Coach individuals when reporting safety issues and completing corrective/preventative actions
• Drive culture of compliance through actions, consistent quality-driven decision making, and coaching of the team (e.g. documentation, housekeeping, area 5S, etc.)
• Participate in safety/regulatory audits (i.e. tours, topic discussion)
• Coach the team to ensure inventory transactions are complete, timely, and accurate
• Manage team staffing and overtime to support customer demand while meeting budget targets
• Recognize and communicate opportunities for cost savings
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Science, or Engineering OR previous supervisory experience in a technical or maintenance setting.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- CMRP, CRL or similar Maintenance certification
Required Experience and Skills:
· Minimum (4) years’ experience in functional area such as Operations, Technical Operations, Technology, Engineering, Maintenance, Military and/or previous supervisory experience in industrial manufacturing.
· Planning, Implementing, Directing, Control, Decision Making
· Ethics and Integrity
· Demonstrated knowledge of high performing organization tools and methodology, including MPS/lean processing and inclusion
Primary Work Site/Schedule
West Point, PA