Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift (121396)
This is a direct, full-time position that offers full benefits the day you start. In addition to Eaton’s competitive benefits, Eaton offers a salary of $29.00/hour plus a shift differential for being on 2nd shift.
This position performs mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic repair work on plant equipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Troubleshoot machine malfunctions
- Support operators in machine changeovers
- Perform preventive maintenance on plant equipment
- Complete special projects as required – including design and repair work on material handling system and other mechanical devices
- design and fabricate parts to improve machine operation
- Support continuous improvement teams
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of maintenance/mechanic experience OR technical education in a related field from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Understands Statistical Process Control
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic systems
- Blueprint and process sheet reading
- Knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems
- Welding skills
- Knowledge of programmable logic controls
- Knowledge of plumbing systems
- Knowledge of CNC machines
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment
- Ability to complete quality work in a timely manner both independently and in a team setting
- Fork truck operation
- Basic computer skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team