Maintenance Support Engineer – Hiring Our Heroes ( MERCUSP-100556en_US)
This posting is intended for the Hiring Our Heroes, Corporate Fellowship Program. Only those US active military members registered with Hiring Our Heroes should apply.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
As a member of the Engineering, Maintenance, & Utility Department, is accountable for the management of maintenance and reliability engineers supporting manufacturing areas on the Off-Shift. This group is responsible for improving asset reliability and manufacturing capacity by providing technical support in the field on engineering resolution of manufacturing mechanical, electrical or automation problems, processes in compliance with GMP, safety, and environmental regulations. Responsible for the development of objectives and projects and upon approval, implements by self or subordinates.
• Reports to the Associate Director, Engineering, Maintenance, & Utilities, working with independent judgment and minimal supervision, and serving in the Manager's absence as delegated.
• Maintains an effective organization via appropriate employee involvement, communications, and principle centered leadership. Candidate promotes the development and accountability of all employees. Establishes clear expectations and objectives to guide area and employees' performance and provides timely feedback, training, and coaching.
• Uses technical knowledge to support manufacturing area goals, assuring the efficient operation of variety of processing equipment. Areas of responsibility include:
o Preventive/predictive maintenance processes and precision maintenance.
o Root cause failure analysis to prevent recurrence.
o Process/equipment change control.
o Quality deviation investigations.
• Ensures equipment is maintained in accordance with all cGMP, safety, and environmental regulations.
• Participates in audits and training programs in the area of responsibility.