Electronic Maintenance Technician
Eaton’s Aerospace Division has an opening for a First Shift Electronic Maintenance Technician. This position is based in Euclid, OH. The compensation of this role is $33.34-$34.56 based off of knowledge, experience, education, or specialized training. Relocation assistance can be provided.
In this role you will install, repair, maintain, adjust modify and service all types of electronic control systems plus other complex electrical equipment, circuits, controls, systems, motors, gauges, panels, transformers, switches and recorders throughout the factory. Have knowledge of various machines and their operations, including but not limited to CNC equipment and manual machines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Obtain wiring diagrams, blueprints, manufacturer’s specifications, tools and inspection equipment for specific service required and analyze all electrical and electronic prints, wiring diagrams, specifications and instructions to plan and layout work procedure.
- Diagnose cause of malfunction of all types of electrical and electronic mechanisms of machine tools, controls and equipment.
- Inspect, dismantle, repair, reassemble, test and calibrate all types of equipment for safe and proper operation.
- Use testing and calibrating equipment such as multimeters (volt - ohm - amperage), oscilloscopes, signal generators, transistor analyzer, impulse recorders, test sets, millimeters and milli-ammeters.
- Use own initiative in making repairs or replacement parts in faulty machines, equipment, and controls, using machine and hand tools common to the trade in performance of various duties.
- Effectively layout conduit runs, cabling and install.
- Perform all work on high voltage equipment related to the operation of machinery.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum (5) years’ full-time experience in the repair and troubleshooting of industrial electronic controls including a minimum of three (3) full-time years of experience with CNC equipment. Experience must include servicing and checking the high voltage power supply to the equipment.
- Must have a high school and/or GED from an accredited institution
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- In support of the 5 years minimum experience, verifiable documentation from past employer (company) detailing work scope and education must be provided.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Indeed Sponsored Job: Yes – Hourly Team