Mechanical Maintenance Technician
AMENTUM is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join our 2nd shift Industrial Maintenance team in Wamego, KS
- Typical work schedule is Monday – Thursday 3:30 pm – 2:00 am; hours may vary based on business demand.
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician will perform all aspects of preventive and corrective mechanical maintenance on all production related industrial systems including, but not limited to CNC machinery, robotics, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors and coolant systems. Identifies and corrects any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs production/process mechanical systems; pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems; conveyors; and overhead cranes.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and performs required preventive maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Troubleshoots and repairs HVAC/R equipment, blowers, and fans.
- Troubleshoots and repairs commercial doors, including those made by Rytek, DoorMan, Mega Door, DynaCo Doors, and similar manufacturers.
- Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchange equipment.
- Performs basic pipe-fitting repairs.
- Performs welding and fabrication.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues.
- Assists in the movement of machines/fixtures, materials, and equipment as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance on mechanical systems control and operating systems as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wears PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- General Maintenance of equipment will also be
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong mechanical skills are required.
- Must be able to diagnose and troubleshoot industrial production equipment and systems such as CNC machine tools, robotics, pumps, bearings, blowers, fans, gearboxes, air handlers and other equipment as required in an industrial environment.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Associates degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC, or related Facility Maintenance discipline.
- Experience with building mechanical equipment operation, diagnostics and repairs.
- Experience performing preventive maintenance on facility related equipment.
- Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Experience with basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.