The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Maintenance Supervisor for the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) Product Support Contract in support of a Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) team at Fort Hood, TX. The Leidos Team Lead is responsible for providing THAAD system support through consultation with the supported unit, corrective actions, oversight and integration support of existing hardware, software, and network configurations. Additional responsibilities to sustain customer missions at remote or deployed sites will be required.
The selected candidate will serve as Team Manager for all assigned team members including Automation Technicians, Multi-Purpose Maintainers, and Supply Services Technicians to provide maintenance support to US Army THAAD units.
The selected candidate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Government property management and logistical support, and managing the execution of internal and externally provided processes and procedures.
• Analyzing training needs and developing courses of action to address them, providing On-The-Job training and qualifying team members for field support duties.
• Developing schedules and identifying support requirements in support of the end-user’s mission and goals.
• Supports and recommends courses of action to the customer in managing and monitoring the maintenance and sustainment program to include, but not limited to: scheduling and conducting services, configuration and data management, troubleshooting, and HW/SW installation.
• Communicates with personnel and organizations within and outside of own organization.
• Support the end-user’s training programs through collaboration with our customer’s program partners to ensure highly trained and competent service members.
• Understand the customer's expectations and perceptions in order to provide the best support possible; focusing on mission, values, and goals.
• Demonstrate discipline, adaptability, attention to detail, sound judgement, initiative, and ability to foster collaboration.
• Provides input to promotion, performance, and rewards decisions for direct reports.
• Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes and teams.
• Contribute to Root Cause Analysis and failure troubleshooting that are above the level of the end-user to include, but not limited to: software, hardware, interconnecting cabling, electrical system, and networks.
• Recommend courses of action to the customer, end-user, and peers based on experiential knowledge.
• Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of prior relevant experience, or Masters degree with 6 years of prior relevant experience, or relevant combined experience/education. Additional directly related experience can offset the degree requirements.
• Must have a practical knowledge of the professional discipline, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience, and has a general understanding of industry practices and standards.
• Must currently be a THAAD CLS team member with at least two years’ experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent communication skills and experience working with US Army and government personnel at all levels.
• Must possess and maintain CompTIA A+ and either CompTIA Network+ or Security+ certification; must possess certifications to be considered.
• Must possess and maintain a SECRET Clearance; must possess a SECRET clearance to be considered.
• Must possess and maintain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
• Must possess a valid US Passport with no restrictions on travel.
• Must meet physical deployment standards as set forth in, but not limited to, DoD Instruction 3020.41, Operational Contract Support, and applicable modifications.
• Experience and knowledge of US Army Air and Missile Defense operations.
• Experience and knowledge of US Army Supply and Logistics systems and practices.
• Knowledge of US Army Physical Security standards and practices, and COMSEC & CCI handling and utilization.Pay Range:Pay Range - -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.