Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician
Amentum is seeking a Multi-skilled Technician II professional for our 2nd shift Industrial Maintenance team in Corinth, MS!
- Typical work schedule is M-F 1:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.; hours may vary based on business demand
This position is responsible for assisting higher level technicians in responding to work orders and providing service and feedback to the customer on all work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the facility and production equipment, fixtures and systems.
- Assist the more senior maintenance technicians in responding to work orders, providing service and feedback to the customer on all hot and cold calls, and performing preventive maintenance on various types of equipment as scheduled.
- Assists the team with maintaining, operating and troubleshooting systems and equipment such as pumps, bearings, blowers, fans, gearboxes, air handlers and other equipment as required.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and performs required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Two years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial, large commercial, or warehouse environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- This position requires an understanding of mechanical and electrical maintenance concepts, a great attitude, and the willingness to learn technical skills in an industrial / manufacturing environment.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules. Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- Qualified applicants must provide their own tools.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other AMENTUM, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Knowledge of facility mechanical systems such as heating and ventilation, plumbing, conveyors, and R.O. systems.
- Knowledge of machinery and equipment such as pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, cranes, hoists
- Experience in the operations and maintenance in an industrial, large commercial, or logistics distribution environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, cooperative, customer service-minded attitude; team player.
- Ability to work with little or no direction at times.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment, including applying proper safety practices and following procedures while performing maintenance tasks.