CNC Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Amentum is seeking a high level CNC Mechanical Wizard in Winston Salem, NC.
Are you OEM trained? Tired of travel? Want to work in a year-round clean climate controlled building? Want to live a few hours from the beach or the mountains? If any of these are a yes then we need to talk!!
- Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday, 7:00am - 3:30pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
This CNC Mechanical Technician is responsible for acting as a subject matter expert in installing, troubleshooting, servicing and documenting the electrical and controls needs of process/production CNC equipment in an industrial production environment.
Must have the ability to maintain, improve, and participate in troubleshooting for CNC Machines with Fanuc CNC controllers, Okuma CNC Controllers and the likes. Works with instrumentation such as thermocouples and transducers, primary voltages up to and including 480v. Skilled in the replacement and repair of ball screws, spindle bearings, gear boxes and other related mechanical aspects of CNC machinery.
Provides instruction, mentors and trains less skilled technicians as needed. Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve complex electrical problems, and provide solutions to manufacturing problems.
The CNC Mechanical Technician must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Works under the general direction of management, supervising complex technical work utilizing a wide variety of resources, including computers. Often responsible for all or part of a project.
- Assists in the training of other technicians and travel to support remote work sites and business startups nationwide will be required
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs process/production CNC machines and equipment as well as related mechanical equipment, such as pallets, fixtures, and spindles. Calibrates instrumentation, equipment, and controls for optimum performance.
- Finds solutions and helps with procurement of spare parts.
- Identifies and documents cost savings.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills in order to complete assignments.
- Performs preventive maintenance on process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends activities to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as performing job hazard analysis, following lockout/Tag out procedures, and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Demonstrates a high level of urgency and flexibility to meet emerging business needs.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Six years of experience as a CNC repair technician in an industrial production environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel to support remote work sites and business startups nationwide.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Technology, Industrial Electrical, or related program.
- Experience troubleshooting Allen Bradley, Siemens 7, Mitsubishi, Siemens 840d and Fanuc controllers.
- Experience troubleshooting Gantry/Robotic systems and controls (Fanuc, ABB, Liebherr, etc.)
- Experience troubleshooting CNC Machine tools, including but not limited to Heller, Prism, ABA, Elb, Liebherr and Toyoda.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing mechanical systems such as conveyors, filtration systems, and coolant systems to OEM specifications.
- Experience with alignments and machine geometry using precision calibration tools.
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and working safely with 480v 3 phase electrical components.
- Experience utilizing measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.
- Experience using ballbar and laser equipment for alignments, calibration, and compensations of CNC controlled machine tools.
- NFPA-70E Training.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.