Production Maintenance Technician
Amentum is seeking a Production Maintenance Mechanic to join our team of multi-skilled technicians in Waukesha, WI. This position will be for 3rd shift
The successful candidate for this position must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot CNC machine tools, robotics, pumps, bearings, blowers, fans, gearboxes, air handlers, and other equipment as required. Must also be able to perform all aspects of corrective and mechanical maintenance on all production related industrial systems including but not limited to CNC machinery, robotics, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors and coolant systems.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots automated Fanuc systems, CNC machinery, hydraulic presses, pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems, and conveyor systems.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventive maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning filter changes, alignments, etc.
- Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchanger equipment and basic electrical issues.
- Utilizes , voltmeters, multi-meters, etc.
- Performs plumbing and hydraulic hose repairs.
- Safely operates , hoists and cranes and performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficient solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- General Maintenance of equipment will also be required
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- 3 (three) years of experience performing mechanical maintenance on industrial manufacturing process/production demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Able to perform the required physical qualifications of the position, including: the ability to lift or carrying up to 50 ; stand and/or walk for prolonged/extensive amounts of time; can use a ladder or lift and work on structures or equipment above ground level; work in cramped or uncomfortable places and positions; can push, pull, or lift heavy equipment, supplies or parts.
- degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC/R, manufacturing technology, or a related technical program.
- Experience maintaining a Fanuc robotics automated production line, including specialized hydraulic presses, and driven conveyor systems.
- Experience troubleshooting CNC machine tools, included but not limited to Mazak, Heller, Masco, IMPCO, and Toyoda.
Experience troubleshooting robotic systems such as Fanuc, ABB, etc.
- Experience with alignments and timing machines using precision calibration tools.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experience using measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM specifications.
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication and millwright related work.
- Experience using a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).