General Maintenance Technician
Amentum is seeking a General Maintenance Technician II to join our team in Waco, TX!
- Typical work schedule is 3rd Shift, Monday - Friday, 10:30 pm – 7:00 am; hours may vary based on business demand.
The General Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the company’s buildings, facilities and equipment in an operating and functional condition.
Duties may include any of the following: electrical repairs or installations, fleet repairs, plumbing, welding, carpentry, painting and plastering, masonry, machine servicing, and general mechanical maintenance (e.g. Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning or HVAC and sheet metal).
- Under minimal supervision, completes tasks that are frequently non-routine.
- Resolves most problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
- Conducts preventative maintenance inspections and performs required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Utilizes a wide variety of hand and portable power tools.
- May install minor modifications when needed.
- May periodically assist in orienting and training lower level employees.
- Performs repairs, modifications, and preventative maintenance on buildings and facilities, equipment, fixtures, and systems.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains facility systems.
- Performs work based on dispatched service or daily/weekly work schedules.
- Reviews work as required to document specific needs (materials, supplies, instructions, etc).
- Assists in the movement of furniture, materials, and equipment as required.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Works with or oversees subcontractor activities as directed by supervisor or work schedule.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in area of specialization.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Associate degree or trade school certification in Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, or a related program.
- Experience performing pipe-fitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work.
- Advanced PLC experience, including troubleshooting and making program changes, with Allen Bradley, PLC-5, 500, and/or RS-5000.
- Experience troubleshooting CNC Machine tools, including but not limited to Mazak, Haas, and GNL.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial production systems such as conveyors and coolant systems to OEM specifications.
- Experience troubleshooting robotic control systems, such as Fanuc, ABB, etc.
- Experience with alignments and timing machines using Precision calibration tools.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing cranes and hoists.
- Experience utilizing measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.