General Maintenance Technician
Amentum is seeking a General Maintenance Technician to join our operations & maintenance team in Waukesha, WI.
Multiple Shifts Available
The General Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the company’s buildings, facilities, and equipment in an operating and functional condition. Duties may include any of the following: lubrication and oiling, preventive maintenance, filter changing, minor plumbing including clearing clogs, painting, and plastering, machine servicing, and other general mechanical maintenance (e.g., Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning or HVAC and sheet metal).
- Under minimal supervision, completes tasks that are frequently non-routine.
- Conducts preventative maintenance inspections and performs required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Utilizes a wide variety of hand and portable power tools.
- May install minor modifications when needed.
- Performs repairs, modifications, and preventative maintenance on buildings and facilities, equipment, fixtures, and systems.
- Performs work based on dispatched service or daily/weekly work schedules.
- Reviews work as required to document specific needs (materials, supplies, instructions, etc).
- Assists in the movement of furniture, materials, and equipment as required.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Works with or oversees subcontractor activities as directed by supervisor or work schedule.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Three years of experience in an industrial, large commercial, or warehouse environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination education and experience.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, holidays and alternative work schedules. Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- Qualified applicants must provide their own tools.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other AMENTUM, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Knowledge of facility mechanical systems such as heating and ventilation, plumbing, conveyors, and R.O. systems.
- Knowledge of machinery and equipment such as pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, cranes, hoists
- Experience in the operations and maintenance in an industrial, large commercial, or logistics distribution environment.
- High attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, cooperative, customer service-minded attitude; team player.
- Ability to work with little or no direction at times.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Commitment to maintaining a safe work environment, including applying proper safety practices and following procedures while performing maintenance tasks.