Maintenance Intern- Industrial Maintenance
Are you a student seeking an internship in industrial maintenance? Do you have a passion and drive to continuously improve processes, procedures, and employees in order to meet operational excellence? Do you want to take that passion and work for a World-Class organization? - Then apply today to Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer and the number one retailer of furniture and bedding in the United States!
*This is an onsite opportunity at our Arcadia, Wisconsin campus
Maintenance Intern- Industrial Maintenance/Electromechanical Maintenance
Goal- To give an opportunity for hands on experience where upon graduation intern may be more prepared for full time employment and possible positions within Ashley Furniture.
Requirements-Intern must be in good standing with your college and enrolled as a full time student. Hours will be limited to 30 hours a week or less. Priority will be given to school needs over that of Ashley.
Description of internship duties:
1.Safety practices concurrent with an industrial facility and those set forth by Ashley Furniture.
2.General maintenance, will shadow experienced technicians to learn mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and real world safety practices. (OJT-On the Job Training)
3.Preventative Maintenance, learn from experienced technicians about maintenance inspections and repairs prior to failures. This will include such tasks as the dailies, weekly’s, monthly’s and annuals.
4.Predictive Maintenance, learn practices and tools used to predict components that are in a failure curve before they can be detected via normal inspections.
5.PLC’s, learn from experienced techs about PLC operation and programming used at Ashley Furniture.
6.HMI’s, learn from experienced techs about HMI operation and programming used at Ashley Furniture.
7.Fabrication, learn from experienced techs about welding and fabrication. This will include stick welding, mig welding, cutting torches and power tools used for fabrication projects.
8.Learn plant processes and flows. This will include the Frame Mill, Poly Mill, Assembly Lines, Packing Lines and Warehousing.
9.Report to 1stshift supervisor and communicate schedules for work and school.
What Will You Do?
As an intern with Ashley, you will utilize your mechanical engineering principles by working on real-world projects that will be utilized in our organization, including CAD design, product and raw material testing, quality and performance testing, cost and weight calculations, working with and attending cross functional team meetings.
What Do You Need?
- Pursuing a degree in Industrial Maintenance, Electromechanical, or similar
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent decision-making and follow-through skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with all organizational levels
- Ability to set priorities and work with minimal direction and supervision
- Skilled in time management
Who Are We?
- We are a multi-billion-dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
- Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
- Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
- Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.