Retail Distribution Center Maintenance
DRAFT JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Description Title: Maintenance Technician
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Responsible for performing maintenance of warehouse operations including general building repairs, facility equipment repairs according to safety standards and to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inform Warehouse Manager of inventory requirements and ensures adequate level of supplies for daily work assignments
- Perform general building repairs as needed (lighting replacements, overhead doors, walk in doors, etc)
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to Warehouse Manager for possible repairs.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and warehouse facility (Densifiers, Compactors, Personal Industrial vehicles PIV)
- Use a variety of hand and power tools in performing duties.
- Maintain operating equipment and perform basic replacement of parts.
- Report any safety issues to Warehouse Manager.
- Actively participate in Company and Department meetings and Training Programs
- Perform all functions in a professional manner and assist others as assigned
- Ensure warehouse housekeeping, organization, security, and sanitation levels are at an acceptable level.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Assist in Maintenance on all equipment Perform quality inspections in Offices, Break rooms, Bathrooms as Scheduled
- Maintain proper Safety usage of all Products that are used within Department
15. Maintain landscaping and grooming of outside facility
- As directed by management, obtain quotes and assist in coordinating work of third party service providers.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain reliable attendance.
- Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Requires minimal supervisor. Exercise a moderate amount of independent judgment and discretion. Make routine choices and frequently non-routine choices within established guidelines.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a craft apprenticeship or equivalent work experience required.
· Must possess a valid drivers license.
2. Experience2 years of experience in general maintenance duties.
3. Knowledge of:
- PIV equipment operation and repair
- Occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Tools, materials, methods and practices of general maintenance of warehouse operations
- General maintenance in specifically:
Basic electrical maintenance
Basic Plumbing maintenance
Basic mechanical maintenance
4. Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate industrial cleaning equipment
- Able to lift, pull or push a minimum of 15 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to climb ladders to a ceiling height without fear of heights
- Must be able to reach overhead and bend and twist from the waste periodically
- Ability to safely follow chemical handling procedures and instructions
- Ability to follow instructions and take direction
- Work varying shifts, weekends and holidays
- Work extended hours out of doors in varying weather conditions
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Management of resources to optimize – equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Be able to work independently and be self-motivated
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Effective time management and good organizational skills needed
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
- Computer, printer, fax, scanner, multi-line phone, copier, digital camera, cell phone
· Powered Industrial Vehicle, hoist, battery change station, dollies
- Broom, shovel, crow bar, and other tools as needed, PPE
MENTAL & PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Mental Effort
- Work is performed under strong demands as well as in a fast-paced environment
- Generates suggestions to improve work
- Apply Continuous Improvement tools
· Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and customers
2. Physical Requirements
· Majority of work involves standing, walking, bending & stopping
· Frequent use of hands to operate tools and repair equipment
· Lifting up to 50 lbs to shoulder height and manipulate up to 100+ lbs
3. Working Conditions
· Warehouse and Office environment
· Exposure to moderate noise from warehouse processes involved in transporting and loading finished goods
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours when necessary
- Occasional travel
Pay rate $22
• Shift Differentials:
• $1.00/hr for 2nd shift
• $1.00/hr for 3rd shift
• $1.00/hr per weekend day as part of your normal schedule