Industrial Maintenance Technician
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Industrial Maintenance Technician
Amentum is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Technician to join team of multi-skilled technicians in a manufacturing facility in Waukesha, WI
Scheduled work days Monday – Friday 6:00am to 2:30pm. Hours may vary based on critical business demand. Must be willing to work overtime when required.
The Industrial Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing a mid level of experience in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the production and facilities equipment, fixtures and systems in an industrial environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing inspections; checking sprockets, chains, motors, gearboxes, bearings and related mechanisms in an industrial production setting; lubrication; cleaning; filter changes; and minor repairs to equipment. Other responsibilities include data gathering for predictive maintenance technologies including oil analysis, vibration analysis, ultrasound analysis and infrared thermography analysis.
Lubricates moving parts with specified lubricants.
- Work in conjunction with the Reliability Engineer to ensure all Predictive Maintenance work orders are completed on time and correctly.
- Perform corrective actions from findings generated from Predictive Maintenance technologies.
- Inspect and receive new Lubricant deliveries.
- Operates a PC with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in CMMS
- Performs predictive maintenance as scheduled in CMMS
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent. Industrial experience and knowledge
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.