General Maintenance Technician IV Lead
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
General Maintenance Technician IV Lead
Amentum is seeking a General Maintenance Technician IV Lead to join our operations & maintenance team.
This General Maintenance Technician IV is responsible for providing an advanced level expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the facility systems in a large industrial environment including clean rooms. Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the strong organizational/time management skills needed to be successful in this role.
Must have the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot industrial facility equipment and systems such as HVAC, Compressors, Chillers, robotics, pumps, bearings, blowers, fans, gearboxes, air handlers and other equipment as required. Perform all aspects of preventive and corrective electrical / mechanical maintenance on all facility related industrial systems including, but not limited to: HVAC, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyor systems, filtration systems, and coolant systems.
The General Maintenance Technician IV must have the ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- A strong electrical skill set is required, including experience with control systems and 480V systems.
- Prior experience with air compressors, air dryers and HVAC systems in a production setting are required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs HVAC machinery, cooling systems, pneumatic and/or hydraulic systems; conveyors; overhead cranes.
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, alignments, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance on process/production equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchange equipment.
- Able to weld and fabricate.
- Performs plumbing and hydraulic hose repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical issues.
- Safely operates fork-lifts, hoists and cranes.
- Utilizes safe rigging and lifting techniques.
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- This position may require a valid state driver’s license.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- Work schedules can change based on critical business needs.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.