Are you a master in continuous improvement who likes to work in a fast-paced environment? Does working with industry leading, high-speed automated equipment and manufacturing systems get you excited? Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to our Manufacturing Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
What Will You Do?
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for the overall effectiveness & compliance in maintenance schedules to include manpower planning and materials availability. This individual will provide efficient and effective planning and scheduling of all maintenance completion activities, including work order set up/planning, preventative maintenance, and ensure gaps identified are managed to closure. This is achieved by being part of a cross-functional team with the objective of eliminating potential delays through planning, allocation, and coordination of labor resources, accounting for required parts, permits and tagout requirements.
- Maintain the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) and manage tracking of open work requests that havebeen planned and are awaiting scheduling.
- Update CMMS, and related equipment files, for new equipment or equipment changes, job plans, operating or maintenancemanuals, spare part lists, maintenance history.
- Work closely with production & procurement to identify and record maintenance related inventory in the CMMS. Establish and generate CMMS reports as required.
- Delivers training on the tactical use of the CMMS by internal users of the maintenance system.
- Drive optimization of schedules by balancing demand priorities against optimal production sequencing and efficient resource(facility, equipment, staff, materials etc.) utilization.
- Interacts with leadership team to coordinate the scheduling of maintenance work, plan resource commitments, and verify partsneeded are still available after planning.
- Ensure timely completion of preventative maintenance work orders within specifications, and compliance with appropriateguidelines/regulations.
- Prepares, sends, and updates critical maintenance scheduling communications to team members.
- Conducts meetings related to both planning and scheduling in order to ensure clear communication within team. Assists indocumentation of assigned actions to ensure
What Do You Need?
• High School Diploma or equivalent, Required
• 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, Required
• Basic knowledge of a Computerized Maintenance Management software (CMMS), (IBM Maximo Preferred)
• Broad technical view and understanding of manufacturing and maintenance processes
• Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and internet
Who Are We?
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.