Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintenance functions of assigned aircraft and is responsible for supervising day-to-day maintenance tasks on the aircraft, support equipment, and special tools.
- Manage all aspects of aircraft maintenance and ensure all work is scheduled and performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Supervise maintenance staff, which includes reviewing employee performance, addressing personnel issues, generating assignments, and setting priorities
Perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, servicing, launch and recovery, corrosion control, and inspection, and routine through complex maintenance of aircraft, aircraft sub- systems, and components, as required.
- Perform engineering work orders regarding modifications and/or upgrades to various aircraft systems.
- Read and interpret manufacturers and company’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories, as required.
- Provide guidance and instruction to team members concerning technical orders, checklists, and hazardous materials.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment maintenance schedules on all company assets and monitoring parts and supply inventories.
- Ensure availability of materials, anticipating requirements and reordering.
- Offer technical guidance to Engineering staff regarding start-up of new equipment and follow-up of maintenance programs.
- Provide employees with proper training on company equipment as required by OSHA Regulations and monitors annual training requirements.
- Top of Form May supervise and assist in aircraft/equipment movement.
- May conduct flight line and hangar foreign object damage prevention walks and housekeeping.
- May meet with Customers and Company Senior Leadership as required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S Customs and Border Protection suitability clearance.
- High School Education or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in an aircraft maintenance environment.
- In-depth knowledge of flight line operations, aircraft/vehicle movement, and safety/hazards.
Advanced knowledge of aircraft common and special tools and test equipment, aircraft technical orders/job guides/publications and schematic diagrams, drawings, charts and technical publications, aircraft engine, landing gear, and flight control systems
- Working knowledge of OSHA and company requirements. Knowledge of safe working techniques and procedures.
- Ability to plan and schedule maintenance work requirements and to direct skilled technicians in the daily performance of their duties.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to supervise a team.
- Competent in the use of a computer, to include Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Valid driver’s license.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.