Maintenance Supervisor- Night Shift (Saltillo, MS)
Are you a master in continuous improvement who likes to work in a fast-paced environment? Does working with industry leading, high-speed automated equipment and manufacturing systems get you excited? Do you want to take that excitement and knowledge and work for a World-Class organization?
Then apply today to our Manufacturing Team at Ashley Furniture – the World’s Largest Furniture Manufacturer!
What Will You Do?
The Maintenance Supervisor is to direct the day-to-day activities and assign tasks as necessary. This position will coordinate Machine Maintenance and Electro/Mechanical Tech resources to support the plant as required. Continuous improvement recommendations are expected in order to improve processes and systems corporate wide. This position will also assist production management in the maintenance, training and operation of this equipment. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all activities/persons associated with the direction and support of maintenance functions at a given Ashley location. This could include building, machine, and supports groups depending upon the location.
Preferred Experience and Expectations:
- Schedule, coordinate and supervise the installation and relocation of manufacturing equipment , as well as, dust collection, compressed air and electrical systems.
- Develop, learn and train others in the operation of all types of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Rebuild, refurbish and modernize old or obsolete machinery, processes or technology.
- Trouble, test, adjust and repair manufacturing, equipment and processes.
- Comply and enforce all safety procedures, including LOTO, and is responsible for shutting down any equipment that may pose a safety risk.
- Work with manufacturing Management to develop and improve SOP’s related to all manufacturing equipment.
- Enforce all safety and OSHA policies as required to maintain compliance.
- Team player requiring minimal supervision.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Who Are We?
·We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits!
·We are a multi-billion dollar company and the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world, and offer one of the industry’s broadest product assortments at over 20,000 storefronts in 123 countries.
·Growth-Focused is one of our core values, and we are dedicated to helping you grow with us through training, mentoring, and coaching as well as investing in the latest design tools, production equipment and new technologies.
·Environmental efforts are a priority as we continually seek to recycle, reuse and replenish every day.
·Millions of dollars are contributed annually to local and national charities as we seek to improve the lives of people around the world