Aircraft Maintenance Technician Lead ANC Location
Work Where it Matters
Pegasus Aviation Services, an Akima company, is not just another aviation contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Pegasus, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, Pegasus provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, Pegasus delivers efficient, flexible, and safe aviation services as it supports domestic and international passenger and freighter airlines.
As a Pegasus employee, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
AMT Leads are responsible for assisting the company meet goals through the provision of services to our customers. Also,overall management of work shift activity and coordination of customer support for all aircraft maintenance technical services. This position is an hourly non-exempt position with salary dependent upon experience and job performance.
- Oversee all aircraft maintenance technical services provided by AMT staff.
- Represent the company in routine daily interactions with customers, airport officials, regulatory agencies and other interested parties.
- Participate in the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures.
- Identify operational needs and participate in the formation of plans to address them.
- Schedule will be flexible and based upon the needs of service.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant rated Aircraft Maintenance Technician License.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to work in inclement weather.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds comfortably.
- Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight time constraints.
- Self-motivated, team player.
- Required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules.
- Candidate will need to provide a work history showing the use of their Airframe and/or Powerplant privileges for at least 6 months, within the last 24 months, or be prepared to comply with FAR 65.83.
- AWR Qualified.
- Language Skills:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively one-to-one and before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: moderate.
- The AMT Lead on occasion may lift or move with help up to 200 pounds, and/or more frequently lift or move 70 to 100 pounds, and constantly lift or move up to 50 pounds. The AMT Lead is regularly required to use hands, talk, hear, bend, stoop, kneel, and is frequently required to stand, walk. The AMT Lead may be required to climb, sit, and balance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
- The AMT Lead may work outside which would expose them to all types of weather conditions with a seasonal range of temperatures which include rain, snow, wind and extreme temperatures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can vary dramatically depending on location and time of day. Occasionally high noise levels where hearing protection is required and provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Transportation, Logistics & Cargo Handlers
Organization: Pegasus Aviation Services
Clearance: Not Applicable
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: PEG00807