Mechanical Maintenance Technician IV
Amentum is seeking an advanced Mechanical Maintenance Technician IV to join our 3rd shift industrial maintenance team in Decatur, IL!
- Typical work schedule is 10PM - 6:30AM hours may vary based on business demand.
This maintenance mechanic is responsible for providing expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive and corrective maintenance on the facility mechanical equipment and systems in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Must have the ability to help diagnose and troubleshoot facility related mechanical equipment in an industrial environment. Strong mechanical skills are required. Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication.
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician IV must have the ability to identify and correct some safety-related issues and perform equipment evaluations in a team environment to identify potential equipment failures. General Maintenance of equipment will also be required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs facility mechanical systems, this includes, doors, docks, fans, pumps etc.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and performs required preventive maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Assists in the movement of machines/fixtures, materials, and equipment as required.
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards..
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- 5 years of experience in area of specialization or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must demonstrate experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial or commercial environment or relevant education.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position could require various shifts and weekend work.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat and kneel during shift.
- Requires the ability to walk throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Experience with facility mechanical equipment operation, diagnostics and repairs.
- Experience performing preventive maintenance on facility related equipment.
- Experience performing, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work a plus Experience with basic electricity a plus
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.