Industrial Maintenance Technician - Trainee
Do you want a career in a technical skilled trade? Here is your opportunity.
Amentum is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Technician Trainee to join our manufacturing team in Decatur, IL!
The Industrial Maintenance Trainee will have the opportunity to assist and job shadow senior technicians, learning and improving job skill.
You will have the opportunity to gain industry exposure while performing preventive and corrective maintenance on a wide variety of facility and process related equipment.
You will get exposure in a team environment to industrial electrical systems, overhead doors, pumps and motors, valves, pumps, etc.
You will have the opportunity to learn welding, fabrication and pipefitting skills.
- Always operating safely.
- Being motivated to learn in a team environment.
- Determining career path whether it’s HVAC, Mechanical or Electrical
- Working with site leadership, community colleges and available online technical courses, to develop your skills and resume.
- After 90 days if you decide to attend a technical school, paid for by Amentum, to give it your full attention.
- We will work out school/work schedule to provide the best work/life balance for you and your family.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- This is an entry-level position with no previous work experience.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs during shift.
- Requires the ability and flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, move in a 90-degree fashion, stretch/reach repetitively throughout shift.
- Requires the ability to walk throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Knowledge of basic repair theory.
- Knowledge of basic electrical theory,
- Knowledge of basic mechanical theory.
- Experience using hand tools.
- Basic computer skills for data entry, email, etc.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.