General Maintenance Specialist (TS/SCI Required)
Work Where it Matters
Akima Facilities Operations (AFO), an Akima company, is not just another federal facilities contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At AFO, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , AFO provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , AFO sustains mission readiness and ensures quality of life by maintaining high value assets and operations at peak performance and successfully manages these operations through accurately forecasting, managing, and aggressively controlling costs.
As an AFO employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
AFO is looking for a Facility Support Specialist to work in Reston, VA. The Facilities Management Specialist is responsible for providing day-to-day facilities management and is a full-time, on-site position. To join our team of outstanding professionals, apply today!
- Perform general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skills and knowledge in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work.
- Replace electrical receptacles, wiring, switches, light fixtures, and motor.
- Use plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings.
- Repair or replace sinks, water coolers, water heaters and toilets.
- Paint walls, doors, structures and equipment.
- Replace or repair concrete floors, steps and sidewalks.
- Replace damaged paneling, ceiling tiles and floor tiles.
- Hang doors and install hinges and door locks.
- Replace broken windowpanes.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Determine materials needed for repair work and prepare requisitions.
- Responsible for timely reporting of accidents, injuries, and hazardous situations.
- Perform all other work-related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Technical or trade school Diploma or Certificate.
- Have a valid Virginia state driver’s license.
- Knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and have working knowledge of hazardous, safety, and environmental warnings.
- General knowledge of all maintenance and construction trades.
- Must be able to climb ladders scaffolds and walkways; be able to complete assigned tasks in high or confined spaces.
- Three-years similar experience
- EPA certification (Universal preferred).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: AFO00214