Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Kona Location Full Time)
Work Where it Matters
Pegasus Aviation Services, an Akima company, is not just another aviation contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Pegasus, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, Pegasus provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers, Pegasus delivers efficient, flexible, and safe aviation services as it supports domestic and international passenger and freighter airlines.
As a Pegasus employee, you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (AMT) are responsible for performing high quality aircraft maintenance on various types of transport category aircraft. AMT’s must possess a valid FAA Aircraft Maintenance Technician license. Experience on common transport category aircraft such as B-777, B-747, B-737, B-767 and/or Airbus 319/320/321 definitely a plus but all levels of experience are encouraged to apply.
- Perform aircraft maintenance transit inspections and fault resolution.
- Accomplish aircraft system testing and troubleshooting procedures.
- Accomplish removal and replacement of defective parts to include final operational checks.
- Operate all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- Complete all required maintenance records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interpret technical manuals, engineering drawings, blueprints and schematics.
- Operate all related ground handling equipment utilized to service the aircraft.
- Support all company policies and safety programs.
- Performing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Candidate must be reliable and dependable.
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service absolutely essential for success.
- Other duties as assigned by Station Manager.
- Must possess a valid FAA Aircraft Maintenance Technician license with an Airframe and/or Power Plant rating.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to work in inclement weather.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or show proof of right to work in the U.S.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds comfortably.
- Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight time constraints.
- Self-motivated, team player.
- Required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules.
- Successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test.
- Positions available for technicians of various experience and skill levels.
Background position skill ranking areas: Language Skills:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Speak effectively with customers or employees of the organization
- Communicate with customers within and outside of the United States. These customers include many for whom English is their second language. Applicant must be patient and tolerant of differing cultural values and lingual challenges
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving many concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: Moderate
- The AMT position is a technical service position whose work routine varies while following strict safety and set procedures. It generally functions under supervisory direction or guidance of the Maintenance Duty Manager.
- 20/20 corrected vision, able to hear verbal communications clearly and be willing to wear all required safety equipment. (Personal Protective Equipment – PPE) Regularly required to use hands, talk, hear, bend, stoop, kneel, and is frequently required to stand, walk.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
- The AMT is usually working outside and is exposed to all types of weather conditions with a seasonal range of temperatures which include rain, snow, wind and extreme temperatures.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can vary dramatically.
- depending on location and activity. Occasionally high noise levels exist where hearing protection is required.
- Must be able to work from lift platforms as high as 100 feet. Use of ladders is common with heights up to 8 feet. Use of stair platforms as high as 30 feet is also common.
- Operation of vehicles and airport related heavy equipment is required.
Pay & Benefits:
- Salary Range: $40.00 - $55.00 per hour – The salary offered to the successful candidate will be determined based on the candidate’s qualifications, work experience, and their ability to meet the known requirements of the position as determined at the time of hire. Job location will also be a factor in determining the salary offered.
- Benefits: The company offers a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and a range of other voluntary benefits.
- Paid Leave: Paid Time Off (PTO) is offered to regular full-time and part-time employees working 30 or more hours weekly.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran statu, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).
Job: Maintenance & Repair
Organization: Pegasus Aviation Services
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: PEG00823