Mechanical Maintenance Technician II
Amentum is seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Technician II to join our 2nd Shift team in East Peoria, IL!
- Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday, 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
- Weekend hours may be scheduled to support our 24/7 operation.
- Under general supervision, performs tasks that reflect substantial variety and complexity.
- Performs basic troubleshooting, maintenance and minor repair of low voltage lighting systems and electrical equipment such as switch gear, disconnects, faulty breakers etc.
- Performs basic electrical repairs to switches, outlets, and lighting ballasts.
- Performs inspections, lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Replaces lamps and repairs lighting systems
- Performs plumbing repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC control and operating systems.
- Operates aerial and platform lifts.
- Reads and understands schematics, diagrams, and specifications.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of Lock Out Tag Out practices and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Reviews service requests for repairs and maintenance, determines nature of problem, and recommends appropriate solution.
- Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Coordinates work with outside contractors.
- Assures code and building standards are met.
- Performs repairs, modifications, and preventative maintenance on buildings and facilities, equipment, fixtures, and systems.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains facility systems.
- Performs work based on dispatched service or daily/weekly work schedules.
- Reviews work as required to document specific needs (materials, supplies, instructions, etc).
- Assists in the movement of furniture, materials, and equipment as required.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Works with or oversees subcontractor activities as directed by supervisor or work schedule.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- High School graduate or demonstrated equivalent.
- 2 years of experience in area of specialization.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Qualified applicants must provide their own tools.
- Requires the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Requires the ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Requires the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
- Requires the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
- Requires the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Requires the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Requires the use of a Company/Client approved utility knife.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.