Records Analyst IV (Retention and Scheduled Maintenance)
Work Where it Matters
Akima Data Management (ADM), an Akima company, is not just another federal IT contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ADM, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , ADM provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , ADM delivers agile and innovative cloud and IT services and solutions that enable mission dominance.
As an ADM employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
ADM is looking for a Records Analyst IV (Retention and Scheduled Maintenance) to work in Alexandria, VA. The Records Analyst IV will support the implementation and maintenance of a records retention schedule.
- Conduct inventories, research, and draft record retention schedules and file plans. The draft retention schedule shall include the following elements:
* Title and description of records.
* Cutoff and retention period of records.
* Medium used to store/record information.
* Record disposition.
* Disposition authority.
* Background statement.
* System inputs, outputs, and documentation.
- Support the development of guidance for the disposition of records and track record lifecycles within agency in accordance with the Records Retention Schedule.
- Support the development of a system for regular purges of records that have exceeded their retention dates or no longer have value to IGD.
- The system shall include a list of all records that need to be purged, record types, date of creation, retention date, and other relevant information.
- This system shall include a regular schedule (i.e., monthly, quarterly, or annually) for purging the records.
- The records shall be purged in a secure manner, consistent with IGD’s security standards.
- Conduct annual reviews of the schedule to ensure it remains up to date.
- Assist IGD with communications on changes to the schedule.
- Administers and controls the activities related to data planning.
- Develops and establishes policies and procedures pertaining to management, security, maintenance, and utilization of database.
- Advises management on database concepts and functional capabilities.
- Performs backup and recovery on Database Management Systems.
- Configures database parameters, and prototypes designs against logical data models.
- Defines data repository requirements, data dictionaries, and warehousing requirements.
- Installs and upgrades the database server and application tools.
- May plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the database.
- Demonstrates expertise in the use of database management systems and related products from vendors such as Oracle, Costpoint, SAS, and IBM.
- Performs work with a high degree of latitude.
- Handles the most complex issues.
- May act as a lead.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree with eight to ten years of relevant experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Information Technology
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ADM00593