Manager, Maintenance & Utilities Fellowship (Hiring Our Heroes) (Hybrid)
We are excited to be a sponsor of Hiring our Heroes and proud to offer transitioning service members a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience through our 12-week fellowship program.
During your fellowship with our company, you will have the chance to collaborate with our Veterans Leadership Network and receive support from various stakeholders within the organization. To ensure your success, each fellow is paired with a buddy who will provide guidance, mentorship, and different perspectives. Additionally, you will have access to a career development advisor who will offer support and guidance in managing your career.
As a fellow, you will be part of a Cohort consisting of other transitioning service members. This will enable you to engage in weekly touchpoints, attend educational sessions, and receive direction from our Veteran Talent Program Lead throughout the Fellowship. Our primary objective is to provide you with mentoring, networking opportunities, and exposure to help facilitate a successful transition into a full-time position within our company.
With our generous military-friendly policies, we've received accolades from several organizations such as GI Jobs, Military Times EDGE, and Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR). Consider a future with us and discover an employer who will foster your best work as you continue to strive for the well-being of others.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, and teamwork to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
Your Fellowship Project
· Ensure that Shift(s) objectives are achieved while reliably supplying quality product at a competitive cost consistent with Merck, Regulatory Agency, and State and Local code requirements for quality, good manufacturing practices (GMP), equal employment opportunity, finances, labor, employee, environment and safety;
· Tactical and strategic Shift(s) management, including collaboration with indirect staff;
· Promote the behaviors and principles that drive continuous improvement.
- Compliance - Responsible for creating and sustaining a culture that ensures that compliance (Safety, Environment, cGMP, etc.) are imperatives for the business. Responsible for establishing a Right First Time culture by reducing waste and constantly driving continuous improvement. Responsible to review and approve compliance documents, as per procedures or need.
- Supply – Support Shift(s) change meetings (Tier, Muster, etc.). Exercise judgment and decision making to ensure quality product is reliably produced while managing cost. Responsible for Shift(s) metrics (Attendance, Schedule Adherence, PM Compliance etc.).
- Continuous Improvement - Accountable for developing a Merck Production System (MPS) and continuous improvement culture while achieving MPS Targets and business results for the Shift(s). Develop strategic initiatives related to the manufacturing process, equipment and human resources in support of long range operating plans. Report Shift(s) monthly metrics and any action plans to address gaps to the Area Lead. Identify, prioritize, and champion improvement projects to improve process efficiency, cycle time, and yield, reduce process variability, and eliminate waste.
- Financial Stewardship – Accountable for meeting the Shift(s) operating budget and continuously reducing cost. Ensure members of the Shift(s) have business acumen and understand how they may impact business finances.
- People Management – Responsible for creating and sustaining a highly engaged workforce through utilization of Merck Leadership Behaviors and Inclusion. Provide coaching on professional development and career paths. Provide timely feedback and performance evaluations for direct reports after obtaining the relevant input and evaluation. Provide feedback and input on performance evaluations for indirect staff. Support Talent Management.
Experience/Skills We are Looking for:
· Bachelor’s +1 year of experience in pharmaceutical/clinical research or Master’s Degree. Degree in life sciences, preferred
· Strong communication abilities, including written, verbal, and interpersonal
· Collaboration, project management, and organizational skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize activities and manage multiple tasks within deadlines
· Work experience in a results-driven environment
· Strategic/critical thinking
· Experience working on cross-functional teams
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, SharePoint, Excel, and PowerPoint
Primary Work Site/Schedule
· On-site work locations: USA - Pennsylvania - West Point (Hybrid)
· Monday-Thursday (Core hours: 9:00 am – 4:40 pm, flexible start and stop)
Requirement: Transitioning Service Member who is participating in the Hiring Our Heroes Corporate Fellowship Program