Roving Maintenance Technician (MCK1616685917133284)
Senior Maintenance Technician
The Senior Maintenance technician is a key part of the company's success. This individual is expected to provide exceptional service to the residents along with developing a rapport by being both knowledgeable and friendly. The individual should have strong technical, organizational and communication skills and be able to complete small to medium projects alone or with the team.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to follow directions and to see tasks through to completion
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to train and mentor new technicians
- Average written and verbal communication skills
- Previous apartment building maintenance experience preferred
- HVAC Universal Certification, EPA 608 Certification preferred
- CPO Certification preferred.
- Tech savvy and able to communicate via email, manage online work order system
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test
- High school diploma or equivalent
- General apartment unit and common area maintenance including appliance installation and repairs, HVAC repairs, electrical repairs, plumbing repairs, preventative maintenance, and other general maintenance tasks that may be requested.
- Small to medium projects such as door and hardware replacements and kitchen renovations.
- Maintaining company tools and power equipment including preventative maintenance and proper replacement part inventory levels.
- Audits and evaluates staff, re-trains when needed.
- Maintains proper logs including MSDS, boiler temperature and fire alarm test logs.
- Professional interaction with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc. Including wearing the proper uniform provided by the management company.
- Works on-call, overtime, weekend, holiday, and evening, and emergency work when required. Will perform other tasks requested by management.
- Frequent lifts and carries up to 100 pounds. - Pushes and/or pulls using dolly
- Frequently bends/stoops, climbs stairs, climbs ladders, kneels, balances, reaches above shoulder height, walks, and twists.
Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation. Position requires frequent in-town travel and occasional out-of-town travel. Pickup truck or van preferred.
- Medical and Dental
- 401(K) with employer contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.