Maintenance Technician (25466)
Amentum is actively searching for a Welder / Maintenance Technician to support the U.S. Navy MATSS Vessel. This position requires in-port and at-sea maintenance activities with a home port of Joint Base Pearl Harbor - Hickam, Hawaii.
Amentum has responsibility to perform Hull, Mechanical & Electrical maintenance on the MATSS vessel while in-port and to support at-sea mission activities. The Maintenance Technician is responsible to lead welding and fabrication activities and perform a key role in vessel maintenance when welding is not required. While at-Sea, Amentum provides staggered employee shifts to ensure 24/7 on-duty support to Navy and other contractor personnel.
This employee will participate in and lead a culture of safety in accordance with Amentum, OSHA and US Navy policies. We want someone who will ensure that work is performed to the highest safety standard and will demonstrate that with their own actions as well.
- U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain site access
- Candidates must be located on the island of Oahu, HI
- 10 years of relevant work experience, or 8 years of experience with technical school graduation
- Experience with shipboard maintenance of deck equipment, pumps, ventilation, hydraulics and other HM&E ship systems
- Ability to pass routine crane operator physical exams
- Familiarity with American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) or NAVSEA S9074-AQ-GIB-010/248 welding standards and ability to demonstrate compliance with one or both of these welding standards
- Prior military or commercial ship engineering and maintenance experience
- At-sea experience, willingness to go to sea 2-4 times per year, typically for 2 week periods each time
- Certification to ABS or NAVSEA welding standards
- Ability to plan and execute fabrication tasking on while in-port
- Experience in food handling safety and food preparation to be performed at sea for 30+ personnel
- Experience participating in or training for emergency response teams while at sea (Firefighting, damage control and flooding response)
- Licensing for crane operations through NAVFAC, or ability to obtain license with additional training