Mechanical Maintenance Technician (29613)
Amentum is seeking an advanced Mechanical Maintenance Technician for our 1st shift industrial maintenance team in East Alton, IL. Typical work schedule is 1st shift Mon-Fri; hours may vary based on business demand.
This maintenance mechanic is responsible for providing an advanced level of expertise in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive and corrective maintenance on the facility mechanical equipment and systems in an industrial manufacturing environment. As a senior technician you will make make decisions and communicate effectively. Technicians diagnose and troubleshoot ventilation equipment, pumps, compactors and fans in an industrial environment.
As a Senior Technician you will identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs facility mechanical systems.
- Troubleshoots and repairs commercial doors, including those made by Rytek, DoorMan, Mega Door, DynaCo Doors, and similar manufacturers.
- Troubleshoots and repairs truck dock systems.
- Troubleshoots and repairs trash and cardboard compactors.
- Basic knowledge and ability to troubleshoot and repair rotating facility equipment. (Fans and pumps)
- Performs basic pipefitting repairs.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues.
- Conducts preventive maintenance inspections and performs required preventive maintenance actions such as lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Assists in the movement of machines/fixtures, materials, and equipment as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations and industry standards.
- Recommends measures to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Maintains a strict schedule in order to be successful in the assignment, yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- General Maintenance of equipment and other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- Five years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong mechanical/electrical skills are required, including the ability to work safely with 3-phase power up to and including 480V. Must demonstrate good written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to safely operate an Ariel Lift.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- Must be able to work various shifts, alternative work schedules, weekends holidays and overtime when required.
- Must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
- Flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, Kneel, move in a 90-degree fashion and stretch repetitively throughout shift.
- Walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents including a demonstrated fluency in computer use and Microsoft product line.
- Ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed. Use of a Company/Client approved utility knife. Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Associates degree or technical certification in industrial mechanical, HVAC, or related Facility Maintenance discipline.
- Experience with building mechanical equipment operation, diagnostics and repairs.
- Experience performing preventive maintenance on facility related equipment.
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work.
- Experience maintaining basic plumbing needs.
- Experience with basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Experience Operating PDM tools
- Experience working in a CMMS environment.