Machinery Maintenance Mechanic (29861)
Amentum is currently searching for (Temporary) Machinery Maintenance Mechanics to work at our Sierra Army Depot / Herlong, CA site.
- The Machinery Maintenance Mechanic repairs machinery or mechanical equipment.
- Work involves most of the following:
- Examining machines and mechanical equipment to diagnose source of trouble, dismantling or partly dismantling machines and performing repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in scraping and fitting parts.
- Responsibilities include replacing broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock, and ordering the production of a replacement parts by a machine shop or sending the machine to a machine shop for major repairs.
- Duties also include preparing written specifications for major repairs or for the production of parts ordered from machine shops, reassembling machines and making all necessary adjustments for operation.
- In general, the work of a Machinery Maintenance Mechanic requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Excluded from this classification are workers whose primary duties involve setting up or adjusting machines.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Minimum of three to five years experience required.
- Must be physically capable of; lifting 45 pounds, standing on stepladders, and reaching overhead.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license to operate Amentum or Government motorized equipment/vehicles.
- Position may require travel.
- Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Must provide proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English.
- This position requires the candidate to pass a pre-employment physical examination and urinary analysis.
- Must be available for any shift, must be willing to work weekends and other hours as needed.