Industrial Maintenance Technician (30967)
Amentum is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Electrical Technician 2 to join our 2nd shift operations & maintenance team in Waco, TX. Typical work schedule is Monday – Friday 3:00pm – 11:30pm; hours may vary based on business demand.
This position requires an understanding of electrical and mechanical maintenance concepts, a great attitude, and the willingness to learn technical skills in an industrial / logistics environment. The Industrial Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting higher level technicians in responding to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive maintenance on the buildings and facilities equipment, fixtures, and systems.
- Performs a variety of preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and repair all types of electrical and mechanical facilities equipment.
- Assists the team by performing repairs, modifications, and preventative maintenance
on buildings and facilities equipment, fixtures, and systems.
- Performs basic troubleshooting, maintenance and minor repair of low voltage lighting systems and electrical equipment such as switch gear, disconnects, faulty breakers etc.
- Performs basic electrical repairs to switches, outlets, and lighting ballasts.
- Performs inspections, lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, etc.
- Replace lamps and repair lighting systems
- Operates aerial and platform lifts.
- Reads and understands schematics, diagrams, and specifications.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of Lock Out Tag Out practices and procedures.
- Operates a PC with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Assists in the movement of machines/fixtures, materials, and equipment as required.
- Performs preventive maintenance as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance to codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and lockout/tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
- Two years of experience maintaining buildings, facilities, or equipment a large commercial or industrial environment, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- This position requires an understanding of electrical and mechanical maintenance concepts
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Associate degree or trade school certification in Industrial Mechanical, Industrial Technology, or a related program.
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright related work.
- Advanced PLC experience, including troubleshooting and making program changes, with Allen Bradley, PLC-5, 500, and/or RS-5000.
- Experience troubleshooting CNC Machine tools, including but not limited to Mazak, Haas, and GNL.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial production systems such as conveyors and coolant systems to OEM specifications.
- Experience troubleshooting robotic control systems, such as Fanuc, ABB, etc.
- Experience with alignments and timing machines using Precision calibration tools.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing cranes and hoists.
- Experience utilizing measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various type gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.