Facilities Supervisor (121380)
Directs and leads efforts of the repair and maintenance activities for the facilities area. Directs activities in new equipment installations, preventive maintenance and machinery modification. To lead Manufacturing Facilities Team and ensures that the project development strategies are aligned to the business needs.
- Select, train and supervise maintenance employees; evaluate performance to assure adherence to performance standards, taking corrective action as required. Maintain awareness of employee needs and concerns and take steps necessary to foster a positive and respectful work environment.
- Directs the team for the proper maintenance/ repair of plant equipment, machines and manages the work order system. Keep all necessary maintenance records ensuring compliance.
- Administrates the day-to-day activities for Maintenance team. Prepares weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work with the team.
- Develops and controls budget for all maintenance areas. Forecasts maintenance plan (personnel, equipment and space requirements).
- Develop and Maintains a preventive maintenance strategy for Manufacturing machinery and equipment. Ensures timely and efficient completion of Preventive Maintenance (PM) and repair action plan for all Manufacturing equipment. Must maintain PM records for all equipment and recommend changes to improve OEE based on trends.
- Maintains tool crib for maintenance purposes. Establishes an adequate inventory of replacement and repair parts for equipment and machines. Oversees procurement of necessary parts.
- Completes annual performance reviews and monitors performance of personnel.
- Participates in ensuring OSHA and EPA regulations are in place and in compliance for all manufacturing equipment and maintenance processes Initiates safety review on all new processes and/or equipment.
- Leads the selection, installation and testing of new equipment to ensure fulfillment of contractual specifications.
- Establishes contractual relationship with outside service vendors to request service and/or parts for repairs and services that require specialized skills.
- Balances and prioritizes multiple tasks and requests and meet deadlines in a professional manner.
- Develops and implements continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure preparedness and compliance with the facilities and maintenance budget.
- Develop and implement JSA (Job Safety Analysis) in compliance for the manufacturing equipment and EHS regulations.
- Participates and develops project risk assessment, including MOC (Management of change), permits submissions in order to comply EHS requirements and regulations.
- Lead, plan and schedule facility/utility projects
- Manages asset maintenance parts ordering process (MRO) for assigned team(s) and optimizes efforts through PM auto ordering where applicable. Create all asset-related purchase requisitions.
- Supervise and on charge of facilities handy-men team.
- Plans and supervises preventive maintenance activities to all facilities equipment/machinery.
- Provide logistical coordination with stakeholders (i.e. Janitorial, Ground Purchasing, costumers, Security, and Predictive Maintenance).
- Assists in budget planning for facility operations and repairs, monitor plant operations to ensure programs and actions taking place at the venue to meet local and federal laws on Environmental and Health Standards.
- Participates and uses Operational Excellence tools for SQDIP and daily tasks.
- Maintains area in compliance with SLAs for Safety, WO management, Preventive Maintenance, among other metrics.
- Assist with Change Control, Non-Conformance, and CAPAs as requested.
Education level required:
- Bachelor’s in sciences of Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical preferable.
Years and area of experience required:
- 5 Years of Experience in Maintenance and/or facilities field Manufacturing Industry.
- Strong knowledge in the electrical and mechanical fields, equipment and machine design, building and plant maintenance techniques is required. Knowledge in structural and architectural matters is helpful.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time