Senior Facilities Project Manager San Antonio TX (110173887)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Facilities Project Manager coordinates and monitors projects related to Capital Real Estate from initiation to delivery and ensures company resources are utilized appropriately. The Senior Facilities Project Manager develops project plans, builds project schedules, manages project meetings, communicates progress, enforces quality management, and identifies and manages risk to ensure project goals, requirements, and the other deliverables are met. Additionally, the Senior Facilities Project Manager facilitates day-to-day efforts related to programming, planning, design, construction and close out for Real Estate on a dedicated account under the general supervision of the Director of Acquisitions and Facilities Projects. The Project Manager ensures all project phases are documented appropriately and will identify and assist in resolving technical issues. The position is also responsible for providing data analysis and monitoring project costs, scheduling, and performance.
- Creates and executes Project plans and revises appropriately to meet changing requirements and needs/Plans and schedules Project timelines and milestones using the appropriate tools/Manages day-to-day operational and tactical activities of a Project/Develops and delivers Progress Reports, Proposals, Requirements Documentation and Presentations/Diagnoses task/procedural change issues and helps to resolve the problem
- Ensures that Project documents are current and complete, as well as appropriately managed and stored/Assures that Project legal documents are completed and signed/Conducts Project postmortems and creates Lessons Learned reports to identify Project elements that were both successful and unsuccessful/Manages the budgeting and invoice reconciliation processes for all Facility projects
- Determines the content of Status Reports and frequency of delivery; analyzes results of the Progress Reports and troubleshoot problem areas/Defines Project success criteria, communicating that throughout the Project team/Reviews deliverables prepared by the Project Team
- Understands how to communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully/Effectively communicates relevant Project information to superiors/Proactively manages changes in Project scope, identifies any potential crisis or issues and devises contingency plans to mitigate concerns
- Effectively applies Project Management methodology and enforces Project standards/Minimizes exposure and risk on a Project/Ensures timely completion of Project level tasks/Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities/Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the Project Team
- Facilitates team meetings effectively/Holds regular status meetings with the Project Team/Keeps Project Team informed of changes within the Project/Delivers informative and well-organized presentations to the Project Team and Management
- Develops project plans which identify key issues, problems, approaches, performance metrics and resources required
- Identifies and analyzes systems requirements and defines project scope and deliverables
- Develops systematic reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of daily, weekly, monthly, annual, and ad hoc reports to support key departmental and corporate initiatives
- Manages SharePoint sites created to support key corporate initiatives as well as audit, compile, and analyze data and budgets
- Coordinates meetings; prepares draft agendas for review with VP; issues agendas with appropriate backup materials; sets up mega meeting; takes minutes and provides follow-up correspondence
- Responsible for assisting with documentation management (development and revisions) of assigned processes: workflows, policies and procedures, letters, etc.
- Expectation of approximate 40-50% of travel time under “normal, non-pandemic” operating environment; WellMed oversees facilities in New Mexico, Florida, and throughout Texas
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 5+ years of facilities project management experience leading technical projects, including development and execution
- Current PMP certification OR ability to obtain a PMP or equivalent certification within 6 months of hire
- Proficiency with developing requirements and performing system analysis
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management including tools and techniques
- Knowledge of/familiar with process engineering methodologies
- Understanding and knowledge of construction practices
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite environment (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Outlook, Share Point, and Business Maps)
- Demonstrated ability to utilize analytical/statistical skills in evaluating and analyzing data
- Demonstrated ability to utilize superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter with solid organizational skills: ability to prioritize and meet short deadlines
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Previous healthcare experience (some working knowledge of The Joint Commission and Environment of Care standards)
- Previous integrations/acquisitions experience
- Solid interpersonal skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.