Work Where it Matters
Suvi, an Akima company, is not just another federal mission services contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Suvi, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , Suvi provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , Suvi delivers subject matter experts, an agile management approach, and innovative technologies that accomplish customers’ missions safely, securely, and efficiently.
As a Suvi employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
SUVI is looking for a Warehouse Specialist to join our team. Apply today!
- The Warehouse Specialist /Worker will perform a variety of warehousing duties, the offloading of a UPS/FedEx, TL and LTL freight, receiving freight, put away freight, pick freight for air and surface export, load ocean containers and trailers for domestic shipments.
- Other duties include cycle counting, physical inventories, safety, and housekeeping including normal and pallet recycling.
- Handling of freight with the utmost care, preventing damages and future damages to the freight.
- In the absence of all the warehouse decision makers the Office Manager will direct the operations.
- Must have a can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and meet the demands of our customers and management.
- Must have knowledge of, or experience in/with Warehouse Management Systems, consolidation and 3PL operations.
- Must have the ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members.
- Must have a strong personal drive and pride in workmanship.
- Must have a respect for fellow employees, management, customers, and visitors.
- Must be able to obtain a position of public trust.
- Basic command of the English Language verbally and written; Basic Math. Warehouse Management Systems; Use of a Tape Measure; Computers and Scanners.
Machine, Tool and Equipment Operations:
- Operate a Propane Forklift.
- Operate Electric Reach Machine.
- Operate Electric Pallet Jack.
- Operate a Manual Pallet Jack.
- Operate a Pneumatic Nail and Staple Gun.
- Operate a Yard Horse/Switcher a plus but not required.
- Use a Handheld Banding Tools and Machine.
- Use of a Stretch Wrap Machine.
- To lift/carry/push/slide up to 50 pounds.
- Strand for long periods of time.
- Bend, Squat, Stoop, Crawl, Crouch, Lean, Kneel, Climb, Sit, Balance and Walk Long Distances.
- Exposure to changes in the cold and hot temperatures.
- Manual application of stretch wrap by hand.
- Re-Palletize freight.
- Handle odd size freight.
- Receive small package freight within 3-5 minutes.
- Receive multi-small package freight within 7-10 minutes.
- Receive LTL freight within 3-5 minutes.
- Receive LTL multi-freight within 10-20 minutes.
- Expectations are to receive a maximum of 100 receipts per day per employee.
- Put-A-Way expectations are 2 minutes per piece, 200 pieces per day.
- Order picking Maximum 5 orders per day.
- Order picking to be completed in 30-90 minutes.
- Container loading minimum 3 containers per day.
- Container loading not to exceed 2 hours depending on the type of freight.
- Switching containers 15 minutes to pull from overhead door and 15 minutes to drop empty in overhead door.
Hours of Operations:
- 7:30 AM-4:00 PM
- First Break 10:00 AM to 10:15 AM
- Lunch Break 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM
- There is no afternoon break. It has been incorporated into lunch break.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contract information).
Job: Transportation, Logistics & Cargo Handlers
Organization: Suvi Global Services
Clearance: Public Trust
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: SUV00236