Work Where it Matters.
Akima Support Operations (ASO), an Akima company, is not just another federal facilities contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At ASO, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders , ASO provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , ASO delivers comprehensive services for facilities, maintenance, and repair and critical services required to operate and sustain facilities and equipment of all sizes.
As an ASO employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
Akima Support Operations (ASO) is currently seeking a Warehouse Specialist to Support the Eagle LSS Contact in Fort Cavazos, TX.
- The Warehouse Specialist conducts a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of U.S. Army's supply procedures and policies.
- Work involves most of the following:
* verifying materials against receiving documents,
* noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages,
* routing materials to prescribed storage locations.
* storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods,
* rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials,
* examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage,
* removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment.
- This worker may operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- This position involves working both indoors and outdoors. Work environment includes periodic overtime, exposure to heat, dust, cold, and inclement weather conditions.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 2 years of relevant work experience in warehousing
- Knowledge of Army logistical functions
- Ability to pass Pre-Employment Drug Test and Background Screening
- Current Driver's License
- Ability to receive a favorable TIER-1 investigation result and obtain a CAC.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Physical requirements include (but are not limited to) the ability to lift 60 pounds, pushing, pulling, carrying, stooping, bending, squatting, and reaching.
- Hourly Compensation: $18.22
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Transportation, Logistics & Cargo Handlers
Clearance: Not Applicable
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: On-Site
Req ID: ASO02420