Front Office Assistant - Staunton, VA (107349308)
Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Having energized and friendly Front Office Assistants is essential to delivering quality care and creating success in our centers. As a Front Office Assistant, you will be responsible for greeting patients, activating patient files, and providing support to medical staff. If you’re a team player with a warm and welcoming attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task, we’d love for you to join our team!
This role is patient-facing and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
- Assist in opening and closing the clinic, locking and unlocking the doors, and maintaining a clean waiting area
- Welcome all On-Site Clinic patients and visitors by greeting them with a friendly demeanor, answering inquiries and directing them through the registration process
- Answer multi-phone lines, filing, faxing, scanning documentation and completing daily patient callbacks
- Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics, process payments, and complete phone sheets
- Discharge patients, verify their information, and provide them with anything needed to leave such as discharge papers, prescription, or work/school excuses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or equivalency (GED)
- 1+ years of customer service OR experience in a medical office setting
- Experience with basic computer software and the ability to learn electronic medical records
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- 6+ months of experience navigating computer systems, tools, and technologies – such as Microsoft Office, point of sale (POS), electronic medical record (EMR), or practice management and billing systems
- Understanding of occupational medicine
- Experience collecting health insurance information and/or processing patient payments
- Experience with patient registration
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Front Office Assistant, Receptionist, Clinic Administrative Assistant, Patient Coordinator, MedExpress, Patient Service Representative, Customer Service, Clinic, Clinical Administrative Coordinator, Medical Office, Customer Service, Patient Care, Medical, Healthcare, Admitting and Registration Clerk, health care , medical receptionist, scheduler, front office, medical front desk, MedExpress, Staunton, VA, Virginia