Front Office Assistant - Mars, PA
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Having energized and friendly Front Office Assistants is essential to delivering quality care and creating success in our centers. As a Front Office Assistant, you will be responsible for greeting patients, activating patient files, and providing support to medical staff. If you’re a team player with a warm and welcoming attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task, we’d love for you to join our team!
This role is patient-facing and requires working in a clinical setting. The noise level is moderate and there is a potential for exposure to infectious diseases and blood-borne pathogens. It requires the ability to stand and sit for hours at a time (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs. Hours may vary based on location, patient volume, and business needs.
Our teams utilize a collaborative working model to build connections across our centers and communities. The primary center for this position is 6998 Crider Road, Suite 100, Mars, PA 16046, though you may also operate in other local work sites on an as needed basis.
- Assist in opening and closing the clinic, locking and unlocking the doors, and maintaining a clean waiting area
- Welcome all On-Site Clinic patients and visitors by greeting them with a friendly demeanor, answering inquiries and directing them through the registration process.
- Answer multi-phone lines, filing, faxing, scanning documentation and completing daily patient callbacks
- Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics, process payments, and complete phone sheets.
- Discharge patients, verify their information, and provide them with anything needed to leave such as discharge papers, prescription, or work/school excuses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or equivalency (GED)
- 1+ years of customer service OR experience in a medical office setting
- Experience with basic computer software and the ability to learn electronic medical records
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 6+ months of experience navigating computer systems, tools, and technologies - such as Microsoft
- Experience collecting health insurance information and/or processing patient payments
- Experience with patient registration
- Understanding of occupational medicine
- Office, point of sale (POS), electronic medical record (EMR), or practice management and billing systems
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.