Sr. Payroll Analyst/Lead - Service Contract Act - Telecommute (106976939)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Payroll Analyst/Lead is responsible for project work and oversight of the administration function for Service Contract Act.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop a complete understanding of the Service Contract Act provisions related to wages, PTO and fringe
- Develop an understanding of how SCA relates to Executive Order 13706 - Federal Contractor Sick Leave
- Work with managers to identify employees working ‘in-connection’ to SCA contracts to which EO 13706 would apply
- Act as a SME for SCA questions and issues, troubleshoot when needed
- Monitor leadership review reports to be aware of potential upcoming SCA contracts
- Responsible for the coordination of new or renewal of contracts and incorporating them into current processes
- Responsible for providing the contract manager with the wage determinations (WD) utilized for incorporation into the contract
- Ownership of the SCA Knowledge Center SharePoint site - ensure all data is accurate and accessible
- Maintain accurate records within GSS, assist staff in updating employee information and auditing existing information
- Work with technology partners to enhance programs
- Assist in the development of training materials; identify population to be trained and work with team to assign LearnSource trainings
- Verify that payroll cost files to be used in the fringe calculation are received biweekly and are accurate
- Monthly via Costpoint pull SCA contract hours and using Excel analyze to report hours for the compilation of the quarterly fringe calculation
- Pull SQL queries and compile all files for the fringe calculations, analyze data and then submit 401(k) trueup contributions to payroll quarterly
- Perform an internal quarterly audit on random individuals to validate all processes are functioning correctly
- Research errors, determine root cause and make recommendations for on-going process improvements
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees
- Collaborate with HRIS, HR, Compliance, Contracts and Legal communities in the support of SCA provisions
- Mentor and train Sr. Payroll Specialists
- Other projects as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of functional experience
- Project documentation discipline
- Strong understanding of how to build efficient operational processes
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Excel
- BA or BS, or equivalent work experience
- Service Contract Act experience
- Payroll experience
- Payroll processing experience
- Costpoint experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous Human Capital work with government contracts
- Knowledge of government contract compliance and adherence (Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon Act)
- Complicated nested formulas with VLOOKUP, AND, OR, INDEX/MATCH and Macros
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks with hard deadlines simultaneously
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, including SQL query skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.