HR Service Center Senior Analyst ( 604841-1F )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Inquiry Analyst serves as the “front door to HR” and is the primary employee contact within our HR Shared Services environment. As a senior Inquiry Analyst you will be responsible for providing daily complex HR customer service and issue resolution utilizing knowledge base and case management tools to resolve employee inquiries within defined service level agreements (SLAs). Additionally you will be responsible for having functional expertise to be able to provide accurate and timely information to employees, others within HR, or leadership associated with HR policies, processes, programs, or data. Tasks are generally completed by following standard operating procedures but unique circumstances will need to be identified and resolved (with some supervision) as necessary. You will regularly interact with employees and will be responsible for providing a great customer experience. You may also be responsible for performing tasks outside of expertise to support the delivery of HR services or conduct data analysis to support HR service center initiatives. You will also be mentoring and guiding analysts on the team. You will apply critical thinking and empathy to empower our employees and drive self-service. Additional responsibilities include:
- Serve as subject matter expert and provide dedicated queue support for complex policies and procedures, including functional support for areas such as Leaves of Absence, Compensation, Stock Together, and bargained-for employees (Union Associates).
- Handle a high volume of employee inquiries daily while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Partner closely with the HR Answers supervisor team to resolve complex or escalated employee inquiries by collaborating and sharing with appropriate service teams and subject matter experts when necessary.
- Analyze incoming inquiries, identify trends, pinpoint the root causes, and recommend improvements/solutions to HR Answers supervisors.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills in a team environment, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Work with sensitive and confidential HR data with strong analytical skills to interpret data as required.
- Utilize a knowledge base platform to assist and respond to employee inquiries including interpreting various policies/procedures to determine necessary resolution with accuracy and within compliance guidelines.
- Learn about the different types of tools available to support employee inquiries and resolution management.
- Analyze and prioritize daily incoming work and backup support accordingly.
- Work independently to meet service level commitment as well as communicate in a team environment.
- Build rapport and demonstrate professionalism and courtesy in all manners of communication.
Where you’ll be working…
This is a work-from-home role with occasional meetings and training as needed. This role can be located anywhere within the continental US.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in human resources.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Current and relevant HR experience.
- Superb research and documentation skills as well as the ability to analyze and resolve conflicts in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment with light supervision, and flexibility to quickly adapt to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills along with attention to detail.
- Experience with analyzing data, building reports in HRIS, generating presentations, and making recommendations on trends.
- Outstanding organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience in human capital management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve complex problems.
- Workday experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office, G-Suite applications, Oracle PeopleSoft, and Workday.
- Multitasking ability.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.