HR Service Center Analyst ( 604845-1N )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The HR Answers Inquiry Analyst serves as the “front door to HR” and is the primary employee contact within our HR Shared Services environment. You will be responsible for delivering a customer-focused approach to troubleshooting, resolving employee questions and concerns, and ultimately delivering a superior employee experience. You will be expected to utilize knowledge base and case management tools to resolve these inquiries within defined service level agreements (SLAs), and apply critical thinking and empathy to empower our employees and drive self service. Additional Responsibilities include:
- Provide general HR guidance and support for employee inquiries within established SLAs and quality guidelines.
- Handle high volume of employee inquiries daily while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential HR data with strong analytical skills to interpret data as required.
- Utilize a knowledge base platform to assist and respond to employee inquiries including interpreting various policies/procedures to determine necessary resolution with accuracy and within compliance guidelines.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and respond back to employees with a final resolution.
- Escalate employee inquiries and/or issues to the appropriate service teams and subject matter experts when necessary
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills in team environment, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Learn about the different types of tools available to support employee inquiries and resolution management.
- Analyzing and prioritizing daily incoming work and back-up support accordingly
- Work independently to meet service level commitment as well as communicate in a team environment.
- Build rapport and demonstrate professionalism and courtesy in all manners of communication.
Where you’ll be working…
This is a work from home role with occasional meetings and training as needed. This role can be located anywhere within the continental US.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years experience working in customer service role and/or human resources.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Current and relevant HR Experience.
- Superb research and documentation skills as well as the ability to analyze and resolve conflicts in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment with flexibility to quickly adapt to change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills along with attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience in human capital management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve complex problems.
- Workday experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office, G-Suite applications, Oracle PeopleSoft and Workday.
- Multitasking ability.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.