Analyst, Workforce Management (99905)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Interpret business performance, marketing forecasts and objectives into business analysis trends and reporting. Utilize multiple data sources
- Routine Reporting - Create, update, and publish highly accurate daily, weekly, monthly, year-to-date and annual standardized reporting packages and analysis that meet all stakeholders’ needs and timeframes. Maintain definition of terms that are used within the reports. Create and maintain reporting and analytics documentation.
- Utilize expertise in MS Office programs, Tableau, Verint and other workforce and reporting packages to deliver meaningful, relevant, and insightful analysis that are graphically pleasing and presentation ready.
- Routine Reporting - Provide support to workforce by identifying additional opportunities to analyze data for improved business intelligence. Collaborate with marketing and client success to ensure workforce is effectively planning for new business, products, and new business technology and trends.
- Identify new more efficient business processes and procedures. Partner with the workforce specialists, operations, marketing, technology, and operations to identify areas of opportunity.
- Strategic Analysis - Research and utilize data from similar industries and/or like business units to identify appropriate benchmarking data and metrics. Provide strategic analysis to help align performance data with key business objectives.
- Utilize effective interpersonal communication (written, verbal, electronic, formal presentations, listening and group facilitation) when interfacing with all levels of management.
- Support the workforce department as required with product and performance management and other tasks as required.
Design and compile business analysis that will support critical business decisions. This is accomplished by designing reporting systems, analyzing historical performance trends, and design reports that effectively communicate the results of your analysis.
- Forecast call volume and KPI performance for Homeowner Services lines of business.
- Design, configure and maintain reporting systems and data using advanced Microsoft Excel skills and Tableau reporting.
- Monitor data to identify changes with customer behaviors, preferences, satisfaction, sales, etc.
- Gather data from SQL tables, Cisco – CUIC, Verint, other systems as required.
- Support various departments including marketing and client success with reaching their goals through effective workforce analysis.
- Develop strategic reports based on analysis that will be utilized by Homeowner Services management to develop budget and staffing plans.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite / Excel Advanced (pivot tables, compiling macros, database query, etc.)
- Proficient with database and reporting tools (SSRS/SQL, Reporting Services) and Geographic Information Systems use.
- Create custom data interface(s) and report development.
- Knowledge in process and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Workforce management software, IVR and telephone technology.
- Advanced skills in SQL and Microsoft Excel. Supporting skills: MS Office: PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Adept at managing multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced with setting up and maintenance of databases.
- Accurately analyze and collect data for various types of business reports.
- Strong balance of quantitative and analytical abilities paired with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be creative, responsive, resourceful, and adaptive in a dynamic environment.
- Compile presentations and present findings of your analysis to operations and executive management.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven experience with using SQL and Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables, graphs and charts.
- Experienced with building and updating reports and tables in Tableau.
- Experience coordinating multiple organizational requirements; Operations, Finance, Client Success, Marketing, Etc.
- 2 years business analyst experience within a contact center environment.
- Thorough understanding of internal and external factors that impact contact center performance.
- Experienced with multi-site call center configuration with vendor 3rd party vendor staffing.
- Associates degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar technology field is preferred or equivalent experience.
5%Competencies Champions safetyCustomer obsessedCultivates innovationNimble learningDrives ResultsCollaborates
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.