Analyst, Service Operations (89665)
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s mandate that all federally regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The analyst service operations is accountable for monitoring, troubleshooting, resolving (where possible) all incidents as escalated for issues reported by internal users. In addition monitoring all applications, network and infrastructure related systems through event management. The position provides 7/24, 365 onsite support to ensure CP’s production environment is available in addition to providing support services to internal customers.
- Lead troubleshooting of incidents or defects that arise in all applications, network and infrastructure for a timely resolution. Ensure that all stakeholders are updated on progress as well.
- This includes but not limited to wireless networks, Local and Wide area networks, telephony, faxes, printers fiber, train applications, financial systems such as SAP
- Monitoring alerts from various systems i.e. Solarwinds, SCOM, Control-M,
- Responding to calls from end users, vendors, support teams for incident reporting and triage
- Troubleshooting chronic issues (Level 1)
- Assisting with all incident calls
- Analysis of incident trends through to problem management
- Leveraging knowledge articles as means to drive resolution 1st call
- Escalating incidents from the Service Desk and assisting with major incident process
- Communication to leadership
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science, Commerce/Business Administration or equivalent practical experience
- 5 Years’ experience in a Network Operations Center
- Experience with monitoring tools such as: SolarWinds, SCOM, Control-M
- Experience with ServiceNow ticketing system
- Experience with tools such as Truesight BMC, Orion, NCIE, Avaya will be beneficial
- Experience responding to calls from end users, vendors, support teams for incident reporting and triage
- Appreciation and understanding of how to deal with different cultural values and sensitivities and how to work in a virtual work environment
- Team player, skilled in working in a highly collaborative manner
- Ability to manage client expectations and negotiate win-win solutions
- A mix of 8 hour (days) and 12 hour shifts (nights, weekends) *need to discuss with Vendor as it relates to nights and weekends)*
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").