Customer Experience Lead Product Manager ( 597073-1F )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and "Best Telecom Brand" in Adweek’s Challenger Brand Awards, Visible is on a mission to reimagine what wireless should be: simple, accessible, and inclusive. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the US, which means we have no stores, no call centers, and no paper bills, allowing us to pass our savings to our members. We have built our member experience around communities and challenging the traditional family plan model in the industry - and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
Visible is a division of Verizon, but operates uniquely inside the larger entity, taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness - disruption, innovation, and culture - while leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. No single day feels the same at Visible. If you’re someone who’d thrive in this entrepreneurial environment and embraces the challenge of delivering the best experience to our members in the simplest ways (knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
A day in the life of a Customer Experience Lead Product Manager at Visible starts with assessing value opportunities for your product area and team. On the days where those value opportunities are clearly defined you are collaborating with Product Design/UX/UI and engineering to ensure that the core value proposition you are seeking is reflected in the product output. On the days where Design and Engineering are well aligned on the problems to be solved, you are meeting with cross-functional internal stakeholders to get a thorough understanding of how changes to your product impact their operations, collecting data, and get ideas for making your product better. In short, you will be responsible for devising and executing a winning plan which helps ensure successful delivery of customer solutions short-term and long-term.
As a Product Manager at Visible, you bring a multi-disciplinary background that blends technical and business acumen. You are passionate about delivering a delightful and valuable experience to consumers who live their lives on their mobile phones.
- Drive the Visible organization owning the ACTIVATE customer journey, feature development and prioritization of the product roadmap, customer segmentation and pricing, metrics, data, and demand generation for impactful new products.
- Work across the product team, engineering teams, business development, strategy, and marketing to help establish strategy, define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market.
- Partner with the leaders of the organization to ensure the experience, model, scalability and reliability promises, and cost efficiency delight our customers.
- Influence a particular outcome with interactions, presentations and strategic documentation with cross- functional stakeholders, level executives, Verizon, and external partnerships.
- Lead and align the customer journey across other senior leaders of buy, activate and manage. Direct supervision, hiring, development, coaching and people management of product managers and scope of work across the experience.
- Apply your knowledge of the market, the product, the competition, and most importantly research and data from customers to build and iterate on product strategy.
- Drive product development across cross-functional teams and stakeholders (primarily Engineering, UX/Design, Operations, Strategy, Business Development, and Marketing) by developing a Product Strategy and execution plan. Including the development of Requirement Documents (PRDs & PRFAQs) and project plans that will include business requirements, design, implementation, and deployment details.
- Evaluate industry innovations/trends and technology platforms and identify product partnership and collaboration opportunities to accelerate and/or address gaps in the product portfolio.
- Act digital first regarding product, customer, and full life cycle experience with the goal of improving the customer experience, time to activation, and competitive offerings from beginning to end.
In this hybrid role, you'll work from home with occasional in-person training and meetings. We are hiring in the following locations: Denver CO, Dallas TX, Alpharetta GA, Irvine CA, Basking Ridge NJ and New York City.
What we’re looking for...
You collaborate well with others and embody problem first solutioning for the customer and commitment to delving deep into the challenges that they present or experience.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of how mobile apps, websites, eComm, digital first and emerging technologies are used as a means to buy products and experience services.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies and Google Suite Tools, Asana, Jira, Atlassian, Slack, and Figma tools.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree or MBA.
- A balance of technical and business acumen to evaluate product priorities.
- Ability to interpret API documentation and collaborate on design and engineering.
- Experience leading diverse and technical teams.
- Experience assessing landscape of solution alternatives to determine scalability, security, performance, alignment to brand, alignment to strategy, alignment to target market.
- Experience collaborating with teammates to negotiate direction on design and technology.
- Ability to develop proofs of concept using prototyping and design tools to articulate, quantify and validate opportunities.
- Ability to communicate to executive stakeholders and communicate ideas and concepts in layman'sterms.
- Familiarity in managing and synthesizing strategic data, research, customer insight application, testing, and A/B testing.
- Superior product management interpersonal skills including but not limited to excellent written, presentation, and oral communication skills, keen attention to detail, multitasking, interpersonal skills, and working well under pressure.
- A team player who collaborates well with others and embodies problem first solutioning for the customer and commitment to delving deep into the challenges that they present or experience.
- Technical background and ability to have collaborative, in-depth discussions with engineers andtechnology stakeholders during troubleshooting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).