Bilingual (Korean / English) Service Account Manager Associate - (Koreatown) Los Angeles, CA (106559607)
$5,000 Sign-on Bonus for External Candidates
Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Korean, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast- growing environment.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
The purpose of this role is to interact with members regarding medical and pharmacy benefits, eligibility and claims issues and to assist with plan selection and enrollment. This role is expected to identify opportunities to connect members to the best resources to meet their healthcare needs and provide support in order to resolve medical and benefits issues on behalf of a member. The Service Account Manager Associate builds trust with members across their health care lifecycle.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm PST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
- Provide in language service to Korean and English speaking customers
- Own problem-solving through to resolution on behalf of the member in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow - up with the member
- Respond to and resolve on the first walk - in, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the customer needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence.
- Resolve member service inquiries related to:
- Terminology and plan design
- Financial spending accounts
- Pharmacy benefits, eligibility and claims
- Correspondence requests and Medical benefits, eligibility and claims
- Educate members about the fundamentals of health care benefits including:
- Managing health and well being
- Maximizing the value of their health plan benefits
- Selecting the best health plan to meet their health needs
- Choosing a quality care provider and appointment scheduling
- Premium provider education and steerage
- Pre - authorization and pre - determination requests and status
- Assist members in appointment scheduling to proactively address gaps in care
- Use analytical thought process to dissect complex claim issue, and complete appropriate steps to resolve identified issues / or partner with others to resolve escalated issues.
- Provide education and status on previously submitted pre - authorizations or pre - determination requests
- Make outbound calls for various events organized by the team for higher event participation, successful member onboarding
- Provide pre-sales consultation and enrollment to walk-in prospects that are interested in our Medicare products
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Bilingual fluency in Korean and English
- 1+ years in a Customer Service environment, proven customer service skills and experience working in retail, call centers, or any other professional setting
- California Health License or the ability to obtain license within 30 days of employment
- Ability to navigate through multiple programs including Microsoft Excel (create spreadsheets), Microsoft Word (update documents), Microsoft Outlook (create, send email), and Microsoft Powerpoint (create and edit presentations)
- Ability to travel (up to 10%) to other sites locally within 25 miles based off of business need
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Experience in Health Care / Insurance environment (Familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Previous experience in translating healthcare - related jargon and complex processes into simple, step - by - step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Ability to successfully complete UnitedHealthcare Operations CCP new hire training and demonstrated proficiency and successfully complete UnitedHealthcare Operations Customer Service Advocate training classes upon hire
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding customer expectations (responding in respectful, timely manner and delivering on commitments)
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, determine immediate requests and identify the current and future needs of the member
- Ability to overcome objections and persuade members to take action / change behavior
- Ability to utilize multiple systems / platforms while on a call with a member – strong computer skills and technical aptitude
- Proficient problem-solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities
- Excellent conflict management skills including:
- Professionally and adeptly resolve issues while under stress
- Diffuse conflict and member distress
- Demonstrate personal resilience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Solid time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
Physical Work Environment:
- Able to lift 30 lb boxes
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life’s best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealth Care, Health Care, Sales, Medicaid, Retirement, Bilingual, Korean, Language, customer service, California Health License, Koreatown, hiring immediately, #RPO, Sign-on Bonus, #red