Manager of Social Service Austin, TX (106655450)
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Manager of Social Work is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing regional operations for Social Work activities within their region. The position directs and supervises duties with appropriate personnel to meet operational program needs. The position ensures compliance with state and federal health plan requirements, Medicare guidelines and standards; implements policy and procedure changes; updates and integrates current clinical practice guidelines. The positon provides employee counseling, performance appraisals, and oversees employee training and development for the region social work team. The Manager collaborates with the Enterprise Social Work leadership dyad, region medical directors, supported PCPs, Case Management staff, clinic operations and central medical management leadership to ensure activities are appropriately integrated into the overall execution of the WellMed care model to achieve desired patient outcomes.
If you are located within a WellMed location, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges
- Job Scope
- Supports the regional social work operations across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, directing, monitoring, and evaluating)
- Oversees social worker functions for the region and ensures compliance with approved standardized guidelines, government mandated regulations, and contractual agreements to include NCAQ, URAC, and CMS
- Manages a team of licensed staff, provides direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to the team in order to deliver sound decisions and documentation
- Monitors compliance of corporate and regional level performance metrics and cost reduction initiatives associated with social work operations (Quality, SDoH, etc.). Conducts appropriate corrective actions when targets and goals are not met
- Serves as the social work regional representative during planned enterprise and/or strategic level engagements and provides input for situation awareness, forecasting, and planning activities
- Adapts plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Subject matter expert for region’s community based, state, and federal services
- Manage Social Work Program Quality and Improvement
- Leverages clinical acumen to provide guidance and assistance to staff in navigating the medical management system
- Oversees the team’s daily staffing requirements to meet program standards
- Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures; ensures staff is incorporating changes within SW work streams appropriately
- Monitors and provides oversight while tracking trends for potential improvements with coordination of care processes
- Monitors and provides oversight to quality objectives/metrics while tracking trends for potential improvements in the social work processes (health and psychosocial assessments, social service interventions, etc.)
- Analyzes data and information obtained, identifying root causes or underlying issues that may create barriers for members to achieve goals within the plan of care
- Monitors, evaluates, and disseminates social work program and productivity reports on a weekly, monthly, or as needed basis (Referral review, auditing of SW cases, etc.)
- Engages in meetings to support care coordination activities between the providers and social work team
- Support efforts to address and fulfill member’s Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) needs within all settings (Ambulatory, Acute, Post-Acute, and the SDoH Plan of Care Assessment) to include identifying potential vendor solutions
- Collaborate assessment efforts with multi/interdisciplinary team members to identify member needs and team member roles
- Serves as the regional representative for community resource data and provides updates to key stakeholders annually (minimum)
- Provides input for Education and Training (E&T) resources that impact social work operations annually (minimum)
- Manage Social Work Program Administration
- Evaluates staff performance and recommends merit increases, promotions, and is responsible for documenting disciplinary actions and corrective action plans
- Ensures employees are current with clinical licensure, certifications, and annual training
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring staff while minimizing staff turnover
- Mentors team members, fostering relationship with regional operations team and providing resources for vendor and provider education need
- Provides mentorship opportunities and professional development recommendations
- Monitors appropriate utilization of resources (overtime, supplies and mileage)
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree; preferable with Bachelors of Science in Social Work; or equivalent experience (18+ years of comparable work experience)
- 5+ years of social work experience within a managed care setting, hospital setting and/or physician practice setting
- 3+ years of demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience with exploratory data analysis and statistics.
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Notes, and Outlook
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and employees
- Solid organizational skills
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Master’s Degree or Higher
- Active and unrestricted LCSW or LMSW license in any US state
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) certification or proof of certification within in one year of hire date
- Previous operations management experience in a decentralized and multi-site organization
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (Tableau, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.